Fosters vs Banarama after South Shore

Schmurg

My wife and I will be visiting Roatan in December. We have decided we would like to use South Shore zip lines. Now the question is whether to book directly with South Shore and be dropped at Fosters or use Rony and head to Banarama.

South Shore is $10 cheaper per person but I see more on here about Banarama. I did Tabyana last visit and raved about it to wife so really want her to have an amazing West Bay beach experience.

Thoughts?

I believe it depends in what you need in a location.

Foster's has more sand and less congestion of both boat traffic and people traffic.

Bananarama is loud with far to many people about both in the water and on their little strip of sand.

If snorkeling is the goal you are better off at Tabyana.

Guest, do I have these two mixed up? Is Foster's closer to Tabayana? Thanks for the help. My mind's eye might need glasses;)

I agree that the Op should head to Tab. if looking to replicate his last visit. If doing a private tour, walk to that area to snorkel.

Tabyana Beach spans from the western end at Black Rock, past Infinity Bay, Bananarama, Fosters, ending at the Anemone Dive Center just before the restaurant Bite on the Beach. If you take a cruise tour "Tabyana" you will deposited between Black Rock and Infinity Bay --- this is all an AWESOME place to snorkel as well as an easy walk along the beach. Be sure to take sunscreen as well as insect repellant. I know this end of Roatan well having just returned from an 11 night stay at Infinity Bay, this also being my 7th time to stay at least a week. Also, take an umbrella as December is the middle of the rainy season. Enjoy !

Tabyana Beach spans from the western end at Black Rock, past Infinity Bay, Bananarama, Fosters, ending at the Anemone Dive Center just before the restaurant Bite on the Beach. /QUOTE]

This is incorrect information. Tabyana is a very small part of West Bay Beach which shares a property line with Infinity Bay Resort. The whole of the beach is called West Bay Beach.

Being the Op has been to Tabyana, and said this "I did Tabyana last visit and raved about it to wife so really want her to have an amazing West Bay beach experience. " My guess is he knows the difference between the two.

Tabyana Beach spans from the western end at Black Rock, past Infinity Bay, Bananarama, Fosters, ending at the Anemone Dive Center just before the restaurant Bite on the Beach. --- !

Definitely this is NOT CORRECT info and confusing to new to this port.

Tabyana Beach ship excursions drop folks at one little piece of the mile along West Bay Beach. That little piece is known as Tabyana Beach. And during cruise season, will only allow for cruise ship prepaid guests to use the facility. There they will find chairs, bathrooms, food, drink, play toys and includes transportaiion. But one is not imprisoned there.

The entire WEST BAY beach is public. And it's a nice beach walk from one end and back. One can rent chairs at other spots along West Bay Beach and arrange personal transportation thru cabs or private tour companies. There are restuarants scattered along the beach as well as a couple places to hop a $3.00 water taxi to get to the little town of West END.

Tabyana Beach spans from the western end at Black Rock, past Infinity Bay, Bananarama, Fosters, ending at the Anemone Dive Center just before the restaurant Bite on the Beach. If you take a cruise tour "Tabyana" you will deposited between Black Rock and Infinity Bay --- this is all an AWESOME place to snorkel as well as an easy walk along the beach. Be sure to take sunscreen as well as insect repellant. I know this end of Roatan well having just returned from an 11 night stay at Infinity Bay, this also being my 7th time to stay at least a week. Also, take an umbrella as December is the middle of the rainy season. Enjoy !

How can someone who has been there so many times be so wrong ? Sorry but your information will only confuse those who are trying to figure out this area.

Check this out - ok it *** out the link so here is alternate

http://www.roatanwestbaydotcom

The only part of the beach that is Tabyana is right in front of Tabyana...... and actually its really not...... it's all West Bay Beach. I think they just marked it on this map as such so you know where Tabyana is.

Now, in between Tabyana and the Iguana wall area the developers of Infinity Bay are now building Caribbean Grand - a new resort. The pool, clubhouse and restaurant are on the beach and the condos will be up on the hill (on top of iguana wall) We were given a brochure when we stayed there 6/30 thru 7/7 and they are selling pre-construction altho some construction has already begun.

Archived