Pride of America-Best deck/balcony?

Fireopal36

This will be my first time cruising NCL, I was looking at the Hawai'i trip on Pride of America, I'm looking for some help with choosing a stateroom.

I know I want a balcony room on the port side (it seems the port side is usually the best view from what I've read).

What's the difference between the regular balcony and large balcony? Just balcony size, or room size as well? Is the large balcony worth it? What about the aft wrap balcony?

Any thought as to which floor is the best? I'd like it to be somewhat central to most things, but quiet and view are more important. I don't care if the top of the balcony is closed in; I would prefer nobody be able to look down from the top decks and see in, as well as providing more shade (I burn easily!!)

Thank you so much!

We personally sailed in 9204, an aft balcony. The balcony itself was huge and we really loved the view from the aft. All of the aft balconies are large and we liked the location on deck 9.

In the category "Large Balcony" the rooms aren't larger and the balconies only sometimes are (sometimes "large balcony" is used to indicate the balcony cabin can sleep up to four). You have to really look at the deckplans to see which balconies are in fact bigger (on the America, they are the ones in between suites).

Another vote for aft cabin, in January we were in regular balcony cabin 9702. We like to have a cabin that does adjoin to next cabin as it will eliminate any loudness if your neighbors are loud and in the old days we had problems with smoke coming in under the door but now there is no smoking in the cabins.

Having an aft cabin y'll have 180 degree view and never any wind, perfect for sailby Napali Coast and volcano if its active.

Deck 9 is perfect because you have cabins above you so you won't hear the dragging of tables and chairs that happen early morning in the Aloha cafe.

As for balcony size, it's perfectly big enough for two/three people, no need to spend more money for a larger balcony.

I would prefer nobody be able to look down from the top decks and see in, as well as providing more shade (I burn easily!!)

As for your above concern people will be able to see down the part of your balcony that's at the railing edge but unless your up to hanky panky it shouldn't be a problem. As for the sun you will get enormous blasts of sun during the day while docked, for us it's not a problem because we love the sun so just put on a high sun block. You will get your share of sun no matter where your located port, starboard or aft.

Frankly because some of the ports are industrial we prefer the view off the aft of the ship.

cruiseship_prideofamerica5.jpg.507053ce8ff39742f76107f6e425dcf2.jpg

Archived