? about taking an Independent tour in Skagway

mj

I will be going on the Carnival Miracle in May 2013. The ship arrives at 7AM. An independent tour provider has a tour that begins at 7:30. According to their frequently asked questions, they state that there will be no problem getting off the ship for a 7:30 tour. The ship arrives early in port.

What has been other peoples experiences? Do the ships clear early and that would not be a problem?

I will be going on the Carnival Miracle in May 2013. The ship arrives at 7AM. An independent tour provider has a tour that begins at 7:30. According to their frequently asked questions, they state that there will be no problem getting off the ship for a 7:30 tour. The ship arrives early in port.

What has been other peoples experiences? Do the ships clear early and that would not be a problem?

Most of these independents (such as Chilkoot) have been in business a long time and know what they are doing with the scheduling of these tours. They know when the ships get in and how soon people can typically get off the ship. Of course, it is your responsibility to get up and ready early enough to be in line to get off the ship on time. I would go ahead and plan the tour.

the above poster is right on about the independent tour co's knowing when the ship is getting in and how long it takes too get off. you will walk too the end of the dock and go through security too meet up with the vans. it is very easy too find. some also are right outside the ship and pick up passengers. i always use private tour co's for alaska. they give wonderful tours. have a great time.

I have been on independent tours in Skagway with good results. My experience in Alaska is that usually if passengers are late for a tour, its NOT because the ship got in later or the passengers were not able to get off the ship, but because the passengers were just running late and did not manage their time well.

The tour companies are used to working with ship schedules and are well informed as to when a ship arrives.

Archived