You guys are the greatest! Two Questions please,

Honeybear

We are going on the CONQUEST in April and are so excited! I've read this board for two straught days and have learned so much. I've cruised before but have forgotten more than I have remembered. :D

Are we allowed to wear colored dressy jeans for dinner in the MDR?

Which of the two formal nights are the dressier?

Thank you very much for your advice!

Deena

We are going on the CONQUEST in April and are so excited! I've read this board for two straught days and have learned so much. I've cruised before but have forgotten more than I have remembered. :D

Are we allowed to wear colored dressy jeans for dinner in the MDR?

Which of the two formal nights are the dressier?

Thank you very much for your advice!

Deena

Assuming you are on Carnival, you won't have any problem with the jeans in the MDR.

As far as which formal night is "dressier", it's a toss up. Some people dress to the 'nines' on all formal nights and others prefer a more casual dress. We tend to dress more formally for the Captain's Gala.

Jeans are fine on casual nights. Carnival doesn't have "formal" nights anymore...."elegant" is how they deem it....you can still wear your gowns and cocktail dresses if you wish, but you don't have to go quite that far!

Jeans are fine on casual nights. Carnival doesn't have "formal" nights anymore...."elegant" is how they deem it....you can still wear your gowns and cocktail dresses if you wish, but you don't have to go quite that far!

The term "Elegant" is used loosely on Carnival now. I saw a guy in shorts and t-shirt on our last cruise. If he was elegant I wouldn't want to see him dressed casual.:eek:

I've never thought one night (formal/elegant/dress) was more dressy than another.

If you are going to dress elegant for two nights, they would be about the same in terms of how dressy.

On our last 7 night Carnival cruise, it appeared that the ladies dressed up more on the first elegant night, and the gentlemen dressed more on the second. Maybe they felt underdressed after the first evening??:confused: I am planning my clothes for our next 7 day cruise, and will have to figure out what is elegant in my closet:cool:. I have one dress that I purchased on line, it was listed as "elegant", so that's one, guess a coctail dress will be worn on the second one. No long evening gown for me. It's bad enough trying to wear heels.:o

On our last 7 night Carnival cruise, it appeared that the ladies dressed up more on the first elegant night, and the gentlemen dressed more on the second. Maybe they felt underdressed after the first evening??:confused: I am planning my clothes for our next 7 day cruise, and will have to figure out what is elegant in my closet:cool:. I have one dress that I purchased on line, it was listed as "elegant", so that's one, guess a coctail dress will be worn on the second one. No long evening gown for me. It's bad enough trying to wear heels.:o

If you want to wear the same dress on both formal nights, no one will notice/care. lol That's what I do. Just change up assessories/jewelry.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to wear either a mauve colored knee length dress or a beaded long dress for the first night and a black knee length for the second night. Jewelry dresses up any dress! ;) I have four formal type dresses but I'm not bringing any of these. I'm trying to pack as light as possible.

I guess it will be short capri's the rest of the nights. Being only 5 ft tall my capri's have to be knee length or I don't have any legs! :D

Thanks again for your help, you are a fantastic group here on CC!

Deena

If you want to wear the same dress on both formal nights, no one will notice/care. lol That's what I do. Just change up assessories/jewelry.

Oh Donna! Sounds like a plan to me! That's exactly what I'm going to do! I "really" do want to pack light! Thanks so much for that idea! ;)

Deena

Seriously????:o Thank Heavens!!!!!!! I actually look forward to the idea of dressing up a bit for the 'elegant' nights on the cruise....but my 'wardrobe' isnt that extensive...its not like i dress up at home for my trek through the mcdonalds drive thru for the kids all that often...:cool:

Accessories now...i can handle!:D

THANK YOU. I brought two different ties to go with my dress shirt and slacks on the elegant night and I still get hassled by DW about that decision! I prefer to pack less.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Archived