Legend Steakhouse Attire - Non Elegant nights?

Strmwatch

Yep...another "Attire" question!!

Obviously the Steakhouse is more "upscale" than the MDR and the buffet...so as the title says:

What's the generally accepted attire for men when going to the Steakhouse for dinner on non-elegant nights? will a Polo shirt and dockers be acceptable?

I will be doing the dress slacks, dress shirt and tie for the elegant nights in the MDR just FYI.

Thanks in advance!

Yep...another "Attire" question!!

Obviously the Steakhouse is more "upscale" than the MDR and the buffet...so as the title says:

What's the generally accepted attire for men when going to the Steakhouse for dinner on non-elegant nights? will a Polo shirt and dockers be acceptable?

I will be doing the dress slacks, dress shirt and tie for the elegant nights in the MDR just FYI.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know what "acceptable" is, but I brought a dress shirt and tie and wore it to the Steakhouse when Carol & I were on the Legend in January. No jacket as I don't pack one for cruising. I felt more at place with the tie on as most were dressed very nicely.

Although it's been almost 2 years since we were on the Legend, the dress code was not enforced when we sailed.

Maybe it was a non-elegant night, or some other reason where the dress code was not required (I thought dress code was required every night at this restaurant though), but the night we were there a gentlemen was eating dinner in jeans, sneakers, t-shirt (sport coat over top) and wore his ball cap the through the entire dinner. From what I could gather, it wasn't his first night at the restaurant either, he was on first name basis with many of the servers. No one said anything to him.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sailing on Sunday and was wondering the same thing. I have a group of 8 going and it is the night we board, so we may/may not have all of our luggage by dinner. My reservation email still says 'cruise elegant' but I wondered if polo's would be accepted?

I'm sailing on Sunday and was wondering the same thing. I have a group of 8 going and it is the night we board, so we may/may not have all of our luggage by dinner. My reservation email still says 'cruise elegant' but I wondered if polo's would be accepted?

I think you'll be okay on the first night since having your luggage could be an issue. I've read that the MDR is lax on the first night for that reason. I think a nice polo and khakis would be acceptable. We went on elegant night so DH wore a tie, dress shirt, and slacks but this time we are going on a non-elegant night and DH plans to wear a nice polo :-) hope that helps - enjoy your cruise!!

Archived