J&J tours

ecarney

• 2 months later...

Just got back from Grenada and a tour with J&J. There were 3 vans. We did not have Stan for our guide and it was NOT a good tour. Our guide barely said anything at all! No narrative about anything or anywhere that we went. The group that had Stan had a great time, so make sure you have him as your guide.:(

Just got back from Grenada and a tour with J&J. There were 3 vans. We did not have Stan for our guide and it was NOT a good tour. Our guide barely said anything at all! No narrative about anything or anywhere that we went. The group that had Stan had a great time, so make sure you have him as your guide.:(

That seems to be a problem with some independent operators in the Caribbean, in that their "employees" don't supply the same tour experience. We had a tour booked in Antigua that we cancelled, because the actual person we booked with couldn't guarantee that he would be the one taking us. And we had read negative reviews of his other drivers. :(

Stan of JNJ tours is the best if you want the best tour book with him ! If you want to see the monkies book with Stan ! He has drinks on board for everyone does not ask for a tip but if you go with him you will feel like you want to because he is a great host and the tour is amazing !

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 11 months later...

Stan was a great tour guide. We booked on line through his website. He accommodated our new friends we'd met and invited to tour with us. We hit the main attractions of Grenada as agreed on. We were offered drinks - they were cold - and each time we stopped Stan had friends to visit with. Obviously people know him well. The roads are not poorly maintained, but since you drive on the opposite side to Canada and the roads are twisty and turning, I can't imagine not having Stan to drive. The car was SO clean (I felt bad for the mud I tracked in) and smelled good, not smoky and he was always there to open the door and help me out and in. We were lucky to have Stan. HE has the BEST smile, too!

Stan was a great tour guide. We booked on line through his website. He accommodated our new friends we'd met and invited to tour with us. We hit the main attractions of Grenada as agreed on. We were offered drinks - they were cold - and each time we stopped Stan had friends to visit with. Obviously people know him well. The roads are not poorly maintained, but since you drive on the opposite side to Canada and the roads are twisty and turning, I can't imagine not having Stan to drive. The car was SO clean (I felt bad for the mud I tracked in) and smelled good, not smoky and he was always there to open the door and help me out and in. We were lucky to have Stan. HE has the BEST smile, too!

I sent Stan an e-mail and have not heard back. Could you provide me with his website? We are cruising to Grenada in March. Thanks!!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Absolutely one of the best tours ever! Stan met us at the pier and we knew right away that he was going to be awesome! He is so personable and knowledgeable about his island. Very easy to understand and fun to be with!

Stan was quick to advise us about which vendors to avoid and which to purchase from. And he was right! We got very good buys and very, very fresh spice necklaces. Our tour included Annandale Falls, Grand Etang National Park/Rain Forest, a spice shop (which was so interesting as Stan told us all about the different spices on the island and allowed us to hold/view/smell them and demonstrated how they are used), a stop at Fort Frederick and and a long stop at Grand Anse Beach for lunch and some swimming. There were vendors on the beach who rented loungers for $5 each. No need to rent umbrellas...there were enough trees with shade. One bad spot...ordered a chicken sandwich from one of the vendors and it was not cook through. They did refund our money.

I would highly recommend JnJ Tours and Stan Grainger!!

How long does it take for him to respond. I sent the email thru his website but have not heard back.

He responded to my emails within 2 days of each one. Thanks to this thread we've been able to book him for our upcoming tripping and we're really excited about it not only because of the reviews but also because of his description of the tour.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this thread--we'd never have known about Stan Grainger otherwise. What a great tour, and what a wonderful tour guide. From the very first email, he made everything so easy and pleasant. Not sure how he managed it (the morning traffic in town was awful) but he got us to every site well before the other tours, and even though we had separate groups in the van, he made sure each person was enjoying themselves and seeing what they came to Grenada to see. Well worth every penny.

• 5 weeks later...

We toured Grenada with Stan Grainger earlier this month. The 8 of us in our group thought he was very professional and did a wonderful job of showing us what we had requested to see on the island. My emails to him were always answered the day I wrote to him. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a tour with lots of history and sightseeing.

We toured Grenada with Stan Grainger earlier this month. The 8 of us in our group thought he was very professional and did a wonderful job of showing us what we had requested to see on the island. My emails to him were always answered the day I wrote to him. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a tour with lots of history and sightseeing.

I am really happy to see this I have him booked for April 2, since just now nervous with the murder that happen there this past weekend.

Did you feel safe when you was on his tour in the area that he took you to?

I am also very pleased how he responds prompt!

thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! My cruise group is thinking of going with Stan in March. I had originally just planned on doing a beach day at Grand Anse beach but now I'm considering the tour. However, I do not enjoy hiking, climbing, walking over wet rocks, etc. Can y'all please tell me how strenuous the tour is? Is there a lot of walking, hiking, climbing etc? The Facebook group for our cruise has it set up to go to the waterfall, rain forest, volcano lake, fort, spice factory, and then the beach at the end. Any advice you can give would be appreciated!

Edited by megbowlstrike

thank you and glad to hear this ..did you do a beach time or just the tour of the port?

Edited by sj25

• 3 weeks later...

Hope this helps we just return from the 2/20/16 Adventure the seas cruise. we booked JnJ because several on our thread found or knew of them. we arrive in port just like the directions say walk thru the pier to the building saw the person holding the sign JnJ walk up it was Stanley he took our name said we waiting for people. fyi if haven't used the restroom it costs a $1.00 to use ask Stanley where the free restroom's are :eek:. we walked over to van nice/new van it was only 6 of us so lots of room. as were driving to 1st stop he is explaining the island and history to us, pointing out the cocoa trees or other plants/trees. our 1st stop was the waterfalls and rain forest. he was explaining this and that, that our 6 people grew to about 20 people :rolleyes:. once we reach the waterfalls they have 4-5 guys jumping off the cliff into the water please tip them as on the way down they will yell your name and tell you to get ready for pictures. walked back to the van i bought a beverage from the vendors after i bought it Stanley told me he has what we need in the back of van for drinks in an ice chest. On to the next stop which was a spice store on the side of the road. from there we went to the national park which was very nice not sure of the name sorry. our next place was the fort which protected the island from the enemies where you could see in all the directions. very nice to get photos. we now were thru with the tour however on way back to the beach we drop 2 people off in town they had another tour @ 1230. Stanley took us to the beach can't remember the name if you want chairs/shade he will get some people to sell you the stuff for $20.00. he ask us how long we wanted to stay we settle on 1 hour so as the walk around the town a little before getting back on ship. about an hour later he was waiting in the parking lot and took us back to the ship. the total cost is $50.00 per we would do again if ever back you will not be disappointed with JnJ. i hope the link works if it doesn't let me know i could email you the pictures.

Vince and Sylvia

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...kU&usp=sharing