Carnival Legend Extended Balcony

sam0731

Was getting ready to book a balcony room on the Legend for Jan. 2013. Anyway we have been on 2 previous cruises and always went cheap with an interior room. We decided to spring the extra this time for a balcony. Two questions. First is the extended balcony worth $200 extra and second if on the Panorama deck do you get noise from the Lido deck above while on the balcony. We are a family of four and I get a little closterphobic so thought the balcony would be the way to go.

See if you can get an extended balcony on the Aft of the ship. I would go with cabins on Deck 4,5,6,or 7. Stay away from Deck 8 if possible. There can be noise from the Lido Deck in the early morning when they move chairs around. Otherwise, I would go with a mid-ship blacony if Aft not available.

Which ever you decide, make sure there is a deck of cabins above you and below you to eliminate as much noise as possible.......Karen

Was getting ready to book a balcony room on the Legend for Jan. 2013. Anyway we have been on 2 previous cruises and always went cheap with an interior room. We decided to spring the extra this time for a balcony. Two questions. First is the extended balcony worth $200 extra and second if on the Panorama deck do you get noise from the Lido deck above while on the balcony. We are a family of four and I get a little closterphobic so thought the balcony would be the way to go.

It is most definitely worth the extra $$. ESPECIALLY if you have children with you. This way you and your spouse have a place to escape (with a glass of wine of course), while the kids are sleeping or watching TV.:o

The extended balconies are close to 2 feet deeper, but no longer, than the regular balconies. There are some great balconies which are 3 times the length of regular ones, and one is a cabin for 4...6232. If it's available, grab it! 6279 is more expensive, but will give you a larger cabin and a double length balcony...same with 7301. If you're trying to be more economical, you can get an obstructed balcony on deck 5...just go more aft on the ship. The 1st 3 life boats are taller and will obstruct your view more...if you go aft of them, the lifeboats only come to around floor height, so they don't obstruct the view too much.

Enjoy the Legend...we love her!:)

We had extended balcony - 8145 - on Legend last Dec., it is right below main pool area & noise was only a minor issue one morning. For us (2 pax) the extended wasn't $200 better than a regular balcony, but definately $200 better than an inside. With 2 kids, the extended may be worth the $$. I agree with the idea to sandwich yourselves between two cabin decks if possible.

If it is $200 more for an extended balcony over a regular balcony the answer is no, it is certainly not worth it. Been on panorama many times on the Legend and never heard a sound from above.

We had booked a regular balcony, then received an email to upgrade for $40 to an extended balcony. We were in 8228 and my inlaws had 8232. Width wise (left to right) they are the same as a normal balcony. But it was a little bigger front to back if that makes sense.

We tend to get balconies because we go with our kids and it's more space. But I don't know that I'd pay $200 for it over a regular balcony.

If you can get the balconies at the back of the boat now those are awesome. My inlaws got upgraded to one for our Splendor cruise. We fit all 6 of us back there and still had enough room for the 2 big loungers that come with the balcony!!

Hope this helps you with your decision!

Shawn

We had booked a regular balcony, then received an email to upgrade for $40 to an extended balcony. We were in 8228 and my inlaws had 8232. Width wise (left to right) they are the same as a normal balcony. But it was a little bigger front to back if that makes sense.

We tend to get balconies because we go with our kids and it's more space. But I don't know that I'd pay $200 for it over a regular balcony.

If you can get the balconies at the back of the boat now those are awesome. My inlaws got upgraded to one for our Splendor cruise. We fit all 6 of us back there and still had enough room for the 2 big loungers that come with the balcony!!

Hope this helps you with your decision!

Shawn

Your inlaws had one of the "bowling alley" balconies...3 times the length of regular balconies. Unfortunately this wouldn't work for the OP because it's a cabin for 2. But you're right about your balcony...the extended balconies are deeper, but not longer.

The extended balcony is the difference between your feet on the rail or your feet on the deck. Because My husband is a large man, it is worth the extra for me to be able to step over his feet than rather than to step over his lap. It's all a matter of your comfort level and how much you are willing to pay for it.

Being an "Aft Snob", I suggest you try one. On the Spirit class ships, they aren't wider, but, they are deeper. The view, plus less hallway traffic, make them worth the while, to me anyway......:rolleyes:

Just my two cents worth!

Archived