Panasonic DMC-FZ200

c230k

Like to know what you think of the HDR.

Just bought the DMW-LT55E tele conversion lens, goes to 1020mm, for the price and the review, thought would give it a try for wildlife. Pictures you have shown us, really displays just how good this camera is, Thanks

Like to know what you think of the HDR.

Just bought the DMW-LT55E tele conversion lens, goes to 1020mm, for the price and the review, thought would give it a try for wildlife. Pictures you have shown us, really displays just how good this camera is, Thanks

Love the HDR and it works great for landscapes.

I currently have a Canon SX20 IS which I was planning to trade in for the SX50 upgrade. Now that I have seen the Panasonic FZ200 pictures, I am thinking of trading in for this camera. I am not a camera techie and would appreciate some advice as to which camera is better. Thank you.

I currently have a Canon SX20 IS which I was planning to trade in for the SX50 upgrade. Now that I have seen the Panasonic FZ200 pictures, I am thinking of trading in for this camera. I am not a camera techie and would appreciate some advice as to which camera is better. Thank you.

The 3 features that I like are:

f2.8 across the entire zoom range

HDR mode

Full 1080P video

reviews at

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz200/

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_fz200_review/conclusion/

I haven't had much time to learn and use my camera, so today we took a little road trip to a museum and an apple orchard area. I put the camera on the "glass through" scene mode at the museum and the pictures came our fairly dark, so I must have done something wrong. Then in the outdoors, it did much better. Here are some examples.....

P1000415.jpg

P1000481.jpg

P1000564.jpg

P1000509.jpg

I haven't had much time to learn and use my camera' date=' so today we took a little road trip to a museum and an apple orchard area. I put the camera on the "glass through" scene mode at the museum and the pictures came our fairly dark, so I must have done something wrong. Then in the outdoors, it did much better. Here are some examples.....

[img']http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/cruisingmama/oak%20glen/P1000415.jpg[/img]

Photoshop elements can help with a bad picture.

P1000415.jpg

How does the Panasonic FZ200 do in low light situations? I'm thinking about this camera for an Alaska cruise but it could be overcast the whole time. I've tried other competitors to this camera and they are terrible in low light. Not sure I want to go to a DSLR.

How does the Panasonic FZ200 do in low light situations? I'm thinking about this camera for an Alaska cruise but it could be overcast the whole time. I've tried other competitors to this camera and they are terrible in low light. Not sure I want to go to a DSLR.

It does fine in overcast skies. Check out my fall leaf photos in another thread. I doubt if it will be overcast all the time. To me real low light is indoors, which I have not tried! The f2.8 across the entire zoom range works great. Look at my Prosser Night Glow video in this thread.

BTW, I do brighten up my photos with free editing software if needed.

Edited by dileep

Here a couple pictures I took in low light from Alaska

CRUISEALASKASEPT20120594.jpg

CRUISEALASKASEPT20120475.jpg

I hope you don't mind, but I copied your pictures and ran them through the Elements Auto correction tool. Do you think the edited pictures are close to the natural environment?

CRUISEALASKASEPT20120475-aa-XL.jpg

CRUISEALASKASEPT20120594-bb-XL.jpg

I hope you don't mind, but I copied your pictures and ran them through the Elements Auto correction tool. Do you think the edited pictures are close to the natural environment?

The blue on the glacier looks like it was turned too dark by Elements! I avoid color correction with this camera. Just brighten some shots!

Edited by dileep

Adjusted picture but with a little less contrast. Using photo software is great, helps make up for my wrong choice of adjustments in the camera, before I take the picture lol. Still haveing fun learning and enjoy using the FZ200.

Tom :cool:

CRUISEALASKASEPT20120475X.jpg

Beautiful. I think I know how I will be spending my bonus this year. The camera is quite expensive in Canada at $599 plus 13% tax but it looks like it will be well worth it.

Buy the camera online from B&H camera (very trusted site I buy all the time) it's on sale from $549.00 and NO TAX, think shipping is free but not sure for Canada. Go to this site and check, good luck.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=880958&is=REG&Q=&A=details

Tom :cool: