Panasonic DMC-FZ200

c230k

Buy the camera online from B&H camera (very trusted site I buy all the time) it's on sale from $549.00 and NO TAX, think shipping is free but not sure for Canada. Go to this site and check, good luck.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=880958&is=REG&Q=&A=details

Tom :cool:

If this is a U.S. website, then I would still have to pay customs and probably shipping. Also, many warranties on electronics purchased outside of Canada are not good in Canada. I'm going to wait until my favourite camera store (which has great service) will have a sale. They will also take my Canon in as a trade-in.

Amazon also has some "used" FZ200 from their affiliated sellers for $50 less.

This camera is less than 6 months old and I would worry whether "used" means damaged. Or is it just buyer's remorse! I would pay the $549 and get the full warranty!

Ok...it's been awhile since my last post...but thanks again to those who helped me decide on the FZ200 for our upcoming Alaska Cruise. I am still having trouble getting "good" indoor shots...but here are a few outdoor shots that I am pleased with...what do you think??? (keep in mind I am by no means an expert...just playing around lol)

ok I can't get the pics to load :(

Incase someone is thinking about this camera and wondering about the zoom' date=' I took 2 pictures from the same spot, one without zooming at all and the other zoomed all the way out....

[img']http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/cruisingmama/P1000716_zpsbabdf95c.jpg[/img]

P1000717_zpsae5def93.jpg

I tried clicking on links and got error on each one.

Keith

Good Day eveyone! A couple questions. First, how do I post pics on here? I got so much good advice from this board - I owe it to you all to show some of the pics I was able to capture!!

Second...I have the FZ200...does anyone else have trouble getting a decent picture inside in low light? I have tired many things and still have not been able to get a decent indoor shot. Outdoors they are fabulous!

I use dprview.com to get good information on how to use my FZ200, check it out. Just a great site for all your photography questions, have used it for years. Here is the location for the Panasonic forum.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/1033

good review at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz200/13

I have gone from FZ28 to FZ40 to the new FZ200 with Intelligent Dynamic Range Control. Under certain lighting conditions when there is a big difference in brightness between the background and the subject, the camera adjusts the contrast and exposure automatically. I takes a second or two to process the image. The FZ150 has this feature too. It is automatically used in iA mode.

I have the FZ150. Time to really study the manual to see what it will do.

And find a new internet service to replace Webshots.

I have the FZ150. Time to really study the manual to see what it will do.

When I had the FZ150, found a lot of good easy info on youtube, really helped me to take better photos and use the camera with ease. Be honest prefer the video vs reading.

I am still having trouble with my indoors shots but I went back to some of the outdoor shots that I had taken and played with the creative retouch. That was fun. These are some of the pictures I have "retouched". Some I did with 2 different options (one point color or impressive art ).

P1010212-1.jpg

P1010120.jpg

P1010187-1.jpg

P1010184-1.jpg

P1010164.jpg

P1010128.jpg

Thanks! Now if I could just figure out what settings to use indoors.....

Also, I was trying to take a very close-up picture for my son of the diamond earrings that he bought his girlfriend, and I could NOT get the camera to focus on them, no matter what I tried. I found nothing that worked for macro. Any ideas?

Not sure, if you go to DPREVIEW.Com and click in Forum and then on Panasonic. You can do a search for you question or join (it's free) and post the question. Have used this site for years with great results and have helped me enjoy Photography more.

Let's us know.

If you have or know somebody who has an Employee Purchase Program that includes Panasonic products, the FZ200 is now priced at the lowest I've seen: $349. Note that even if you do not have an EPP benefit, up to five friends and family members can be invited to participate in the EPP program.