Panasonic DMC-FZ200

c230k

All the pictures above are stunning and I have just ordered the FZ200 so shall have a little time to practice before we set off to the Caribbean with Thomson on Jan 13th. I currently use the FZ150 but the 2.8 lens will prove really good for wildlife shots, of which I hope to get many in the two weeks we will be there.

GREAT SHOT, love the brillant colors. How was the 600mm zoom with the wildlife?

Tom :cool:

The zoom worked fine too, but I did not have it zoomed out most of the time. We were very close to the wild life (15 to 20 feet from penguins!) and the wide angle 25 mm was great!

I have just bought an FZ200, after trading in my FZ150, as the constant 2.8 was an attraction as well as the auto panoramic and of course the 1080p video is the same as on the FZ150 and is brilliant.

The weather here in London has been awful since I bought the camera so I have only managed a few photos of the back garden. We do have Grey Squirrels as well as Robins, Blackbirds and Blue Tits to name just a few of the wildlife I have been able to practice on. The results are quite encouraging so I am looking forward to our to weeks in the Caribbean in January as I love taking photos of wildlife and scenery.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Patrick:):):)

Great pic's, photographers like you make we want to take more photos. Do you know about the Panasonic DMW-LT55 1.7x teleconverter, was thinking from reviews might be a nice add on to extend the 600mm to 1020mm without any effect on quality.

I think the video is amazing on this camera. I can't get as good of pictures as I do on my Canon G11 but I needed the zoom for Alaska. I'll have to keep practicing.:D

I am very happy with the video and the zoom!

I think the video is amazing on this camera. I can't get as good of pictures as I do on my Canon G11 but I needed the zoom for Alaska. I'll have to keep practicing.:D

Go to this web site... http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/1033

It's one of the best sites for users to share and learn how to use their camera equipment. Review or ask questions about the FZ200, it really has helped me to understand how to use this camera for the best results.

You will enjoy this camera. It really helped me in Alaska.

Good Luck

CRUISEALASKASEPT20120475X.jpg

watch this

In the video, a book is shown by Graham Houghton, "The Missing Manual Advanced User Guide". Does anyone know if this is just a prop or if such a book exists. I can't seem to find any books written for the DMC-FZ200.

Anyone find a good book on the camera or is it too early for one?

• 2 weeks later...

I went looking also and found nothing. Think it might me just a prop he uses to highlight his photography. I know he sure makes a lot of video's on how to use your camera and get the best benefit. Have to admire people who take the time to do lessons on their hobby.

• 2 weeks later...

Need reconmendations for an external flash for my FZ200. Also just bought the Pansonic LX-7. Great camera for those wanting a small camera that has 1.4 aperature.

my first photo

P1010334_zps8f2170b7.jpg

Need reconmendations for an external flash for my FZ200. Also just bought the Pansonic LX-7. Great camera for those wanting a small camera that has 1.4 aperature.

my first photo

My wife has a LX7. I have my FZ200 and ZS19.

my first photo

Enjoy Tom! The LX7 is one of the better compacts out there.

(I'm still going for the RX-100 though...;))

Dave

My wife has a LX7. I have my FZ200 and ZS19.

Besides the NEX, I have a LX7 and just picked up a ZS19 to replace my wife's Canon SX200IS. The Canon is a great camera (for her) but got the ZS19 as it had a greater reach and a slightly better wide angle.