Bring Water Aboard

fredzy

Ten of us are going on the Summit in Sept for a Maine & Canada cruise. I know that each cabin is allowed to bring a total of 2 bottles of wine per cabin. One of the group called the travel agency that we all booked through and asked if we could bring any water and or soft drinks aboard and he was told no in both cases. Is it true that we cannot bring any water or soda aboard.:confused:

Thanks

Fred

Ten of us are going on the Summit in Sept for a Maine & Canada cruise. I know that each cabin is allowed to bring a total of 2 bottles of wine per cabin. One of the group called the travel agency that we all booked through and asked if we could bring any water and or soft drinks aboard and he was told no in both cases. Is it true that we cannot bring any water or soda aboard.:confused:

Thanks

Fred

Why do you want to bring water aboard ? The water aboard is usually better then most bottled water I drink. Bring a couple of bottles with you when empty have them refilled in the buffet or in your room.

Why do you want to bring water aboard ? The water aboard is usually better then most bottled water I drink. Bring a couple of bottles with you when empty have them refilled in the buffet or in your room.

I believe for health reasons they ask that you not refill your bottles in the buffet area....in fact you should always take a new glass.

I believe for health reasons they ask that you not refill your bottles in the buffet area....in fact you should always take a new glass.

If you ask the staff in dining room they will fill the bottles for you.

I have had them fill my bottles with no problem.

Absolutely correct--please do not directly refill your water bottles from the dispenser. However, you can take a clean glass and fill it with water and then fill your water bottle.

I don't have any problem with the ship's water but some people feel it has too much salt and causes them to retain water. Again, it's a win-win--those who want to bring water on board may do so and those who want to drink the ship's water may do so.

Thanks

Fred

Just got off Silhouette and we took loads of water on board from various stops --- as many as 6 bottles x 1.5 litres each with no problem at all

Absolutely correct--please do not directly refill your water bottles from the dispenser. However, you can take a clean glass and fill it with water and then fill your water bottle.

I don't have any problem with the ship's water but some people feel it has too much salt and causes them to retain water. Again, it's a win-win--those who want to bring water on board may do so and those who want to drink the ship's water may do so.

The problem isn't the water that has salt but the food . I've seen passengers add salt before even having a taste . We never add salt to ship food because it already has enough salt. The only thing added to ship's water is a little chlorine for safety.

Why do you want to bring water aboard ? The water aboard is usually better then most bottled water I drink. Bring a couple of bottles with you when empty have them refilled in the buffet or in your room.....

...The problem isn't the water that has salt but the food . I've seen passengers add salt before even having a taste . We never add salt to ship food because it already has enough salt. The only thing added to ship's water is a little chlorine for safety.

Sorry but neither of your posts above are correct. While the level of sodium in the water does not have an adverse effect on all cruisers it does on some and a fleet engineering officer told me that the water on board has above average levels of sodium. Rather than get too far off topic on this thread I'll refer you to one where this is discussed and I present the details behind my statement: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28708782

On Original Question: We've never had an issue bringing as much as a case of water and a case of soda on a Celebrity cruise. Slapped luggage tags on them and checked them with the porters and they were delivered to our cabin. I've seen others doing this on many cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

I know several people have reported here that you can bring on as much soda and water that you wish, but when you ask Celebrity if its okay they quote the rules and regulations.

My husband cannot drink coke products., but has no problem with Pepsi and we wanted to bring a case of diet decaffinated onboard,. we are afraid they will take it away if we try bringing it.

What to do?

Bobbie

I know several people have reported here that you can bring on as much soda and water that you wish, but when you ask Celebrity if its okay they quote the rules and regulations.

My husband cannot drink coke products., but has no problem with Pepsi and we wanted to bring a case of diet decaffinated onboard,. we are afraid they will take it away if we try bringing it.

What to do?

Bobbie

Celebrity phone personal have a nasty reputation of having incorrect answers to some questions and being out of touch with what actually happens at the ships. This is one question that, over the years, I've read numerous reports of them telling people that they can not bring any on board or only a small quantity. Over the same time period I've never read ANY report of someone not being able to actually bring soda on board and have read many reports of people bringing a case, or more on, and even checking it with the baggage handlers. I've even done this myself.

Why be afraid? From everything you've read here there is no issue and all you really have to lose is the $10 cost of a case of soda.

Here is a similar thread. Read this if you need more convincing. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1691336

Thanks

Fred

We always try to take water on with us - buy it before boarding and put one of your luggage tags on the water (plastic wrapped or whatever) and leave it with your luggage - it is then delivered to your stateroom - there is absolutely not problem. We take at least one case depending on the length of the cruise, and what ports we are in. However, since you are on a Maine/Canada cruise you will be able to buy it in port and they will let you come on board with anything as long as it is not alcoholic.

This is amazing. Bringing water aboard, fine, ok, do it, though if I remember rightly, some countries quarantine restrictions will not let foodstuffs on board or vice versa. This includes water. Those countries with quarantine rules that do allow transport of 'foodstuffs', well as long as you are not bringing on board a consignment for export or resale, you should have no problem.

The last celebrity cruise I was on, our stateroom steward delivered a flask of filtered water to our room every day. Water is available in dining venues. A bucket of ice is generally delivered to staterooms also, which is made from potable filtered water. Check with your stateroom steward if you require a flask of potable water, I doubt you will be refused.

For those who only drink bottled water, with regard to Celebrity, and being on holiday, I do not think that most people will find the cost of the bottled water on board particularly prohibitive.

Don't we go on holiday for R & R and to enjoy.

Archived