Bus Service Le Havre to Honfleur

jumbo336

Have you tried this email? christophe.dallet@orange.fr

Christophe has been excellent at replying to me. since France seems to have issues with spam, try sending your email with high priority and receipt required - put your cruise ship and date in the subject line.

(ie - we are coming to Lehavre on x day on x ship).

hope this helps you two:)

I emailed Christophe last night. I did everything you suggested concerning subject line specifics, high priorty, etc.. Hopefully I will hear from him.

Thanks, Sue

I was happy to see your post. What you did is exactly what we want to do. We will be arriving in Le Havre on Celebrity Infinity on June 4,2013. Did you request transportation only? What was the cost?

Sue

We arranged for transportation only. The communication with the driver was a bit strained, as we didn't speak French, but he spoke a bit of English. We got by.

We were dropped off and picked up at a designated spot in each town. The day we arrived in Deauville, there was a lovely market along the river and we enjoyed strolling through it.

Sorry, I didn't keep track of the cost, but it must have been reasonable.

We were there in early June/12. We had sunny, warm weather, until we returned to the ship - started pouring rain!

We arranged for transportation only. The communication with the driver was a bit strained, as we didn't speak French, but he spoke a bit of English. We got by.

We were dropped off and picked up at a designated spot in each town. The day we arrived in Deauville, there was a lovely market along the river and we enjoyed strolling through it.

Sorry, I didn't keep track of the cost, but it must have been reasonable.

We were there in early June/12. We had sunny, warm weather, until we returned to the ship - started pouring rain!

That sounds GREAT, except for the rain!! Did you make arrangements for the taxi before the cruise or just hire it at the pier?

Sue

Have you tried this email? christophe.dallet@orange.fr

Christophe has been excellent at replying to me. since France seems to have issues with spam, try sending your email with high priority and receipt required - put your cruise ship and date in the subject line.

(ie - we are coming to Lehavre on x day on x ship).

hope this helps you two:)

I emailed christophe on Jan. 25. I did everything you suggested but haven't heard from him yet. Am I being impatient? Does it usually take him several days to reply?

Sue

• 4 weeks later...

On our RCI cruise last year, we did go to Honfleur by bus from Le Havre, which was easy to do, except as noted by others, the buses only run every 2-3 hours, so you have to take that into consideration and be very careful not to miss your desired bus back to Le Havre. You'll want to spend 3 hours or longer in Honfleur, more if you plan to have lunch. Note: bus schedules could change especially on different days of the week or different times of the year.

For us the bus was part of the adventure (we actually had a road blockage that the lady bus driver skillfully got around to the applause of all the passengers) and we met a lovely couple from Germany who were also on our cruise, and we are still in touch with them.

We had decided that morning to go to Honfleur instead of our original plan of Rouen, so we had no idea of what the bus schedule was. Our contingency plan was to go to Rouen if Honfleur was not doable. Celebrity's shuttle bus dropped us off in town, and from there it was an easy 15-minute walk to the Le Havre train/bus station. Once at the train/bus station, we had nearly an hour wait for the bus, which we used to do our email at the cafe (had wifi, password w/ purchase) across the street from the train station. It is very easy to get around Honfleur from its bus station.

Fortunately, it only takes 1/2 hour to get to Honfleur from Le Havre. Due to our late start that morning, we only allowed for 2.5 hours in Honfleur, which wasn't enough time for lunch or to see as much of Honfleur as we would have liked. So in September this year, on our Celebrity cruise, we plan to take an earlier bus, to allow us time for lunch and more time in Honfleur. We will have two days (overnight 7a to 9pm next night) in Le Havre, so we hope to go to Rouen, Giverny, and/or Entretat the other day by train or bus on our own or by shared transportation/tour with others on the rollcall.

Kathy

Due to limited bus service to Honfluer, we opted to share a taxi van with three other couples and visited Deauville and Honfleur. This turned out to be a great option and certainly less stressful, as we didn't have to worry about transportation and getting back to the ship on time.

Another option may be to visit Rouen by train. It's about a one hour train ride, with several daily trains.

Can you please tell me how you went about arranging this beforehand ?This is exactly what I want to do so will be willing to post it but want to make sure I know how to arrange it first thanks-Jackye

We believe we took the bus to Honfleur on a Saturday (Sept. 1, 2012) and there was a bus at around 8:42am and another at around 11:42am and we took the 11:42am one. I looked recently at the bus schedule and it appears there is no bus service from Le Havre to Honfleur on Sundays. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong about that.

Kathy

We are using SCA radio taxis - here is the link to their website

www.taxis-le-havre.com

They have some nice tours in the area with free time (ie HonFleur) at what seemed to us to be a very reasonable price:)

apologies I didn't see this earlier:o

Hi

The link for taxi is not working for me, any up date for this

• 5 months later...
We believe we took the bus to Honfleur on a Saturday (Sept. 1, 2012) and there was a bus at around 8:42am and another at around 11:42am and we took the 11:42am one. I looked recently at the bus schedule and it appears there is no bus service from Le Havre to Honfleur on Sundays. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong about that.

Kathy

Are you on the Legend on the 1st of September, we were trying to arrange this trip so we could have joined up, and done it together if there was a problem then we could share a cab back to the ship

• 2 years later...
On our RCI cruise last year, we did go to Honfleur by bus from Le Havre, which was easy to do, except as noted by others, the buses only run every 2-3 hours, so you have to take that into consideration and be very careful not to miss your desired bus back to Le Havre. You'll want to spend 3 hours or longer in Honfleur, more if you plan to have lunch. Note: bus schedules could change especially on different days of the week or different times of the year.

For us the bus was part of the adventure (we actually had a road blockage that the lady bus driver skillfully got around to the applause of all the passengers) and we met a lovely couple from Germany who were also on our cruise, and we are still in touch with them.

We had decided that morning to go to Honfleur instead of our original plan of Rouen, so we had no idea of what the bus schedule was. Our contingency plan was to go to Rouen if Honfleur was not doable. Celebrity's shuttle bus dropped us off in town, and from there it was an easy 15-minute walk to the Le Havre train/bus station. Once at the train/bus station, we had nearly an hour wait for the bus, which we used to do our email at the cafe (had wifi, password w/ purchase) across the street from the train station. It is very easy to get around Honfleur from its bus station.

Fortunately, it only takes 1/2 hour to get to Honfleur from Le Havre. Due to our late start that morning, we only allowed for 2.5 hours in Honfleur, which wasn't enough time for lunch or to see as much of Honfleur as we would have liked. So in September this year, on our Celebrity cruise, we plan to take an earlier bus, to allow us time for lunch and more time in Honfleur. We will have two days (overnight 7a to 9pm next night) in Le Havre, so we hope to go to Rouen, Giverny, and/or Entretat the other day by train or bus on our own or by shared transportation/tour with others on the rollcall.

Kathy

I know this is old, but I wonder if anyone else has tried to take the bus to Honfleur lately? We are arriving on May 7th and have 7am-8pm in Le Havre. We want to take the bus also, any new information? What web site are you using to see the schedule? Also, does anyone know if Princess offers a free shuttle into town? Thanks.

I know this is old, but I wonder if anyone else has tried to take the bus to Honfleur lately? We are arriving on May 7th and have 7am-8pm in Le Havre. We want to take the bus also, any new information? What web site are you using to see the schedule? Also, does anyone know if Princess offers a free shuttle into town? Thanks.

We were there in Sept. on the Royal Princess. There was no shuttle into LeHavre, but it wasn't a long walk from what we were told. There were taxis into Honfleur for 30euros flat rate. They would hold 4 people easily, but we preferred to go on our time. We had a good driver, and he met us back in Honfleur for the return to the ship. We loved Honfleur; we'd go back if we took an itinerary that stopped in LeHavre.

People we met onboard took the bus into Honfleur, but there was a bit of a walk to the station. They were better walkers that we are so they were happy with their bus trip.

We were there in Sept. on the Royal Princess. There was no shuttle into LeHavre, but it wasn't a long walk from what we were told. There were taxis into Honfleur for 30euros flat rate. They would hold 4 people easily, but we preferred to go on our time. We had a good driver, and he met us back in Honfleur for the return to the ship. We loved Honfleur; we'd go back if we took an itinerary that stopped in LeHavre.

People we met onboard took the bus into Honfleur, but there was a bit of a walk to the station. They were better walkers that we are so they were happy with their bus trip.

Thanks, good to know!