What have you seen?

southernmama

Not me - my dad on an Alaskan cruise once woke and read his watch wrong... got up and took some AMAZING pictures of the ship all lit up, not a soul around. He finally saw someone and asked what time.... 4am (he thought he read 6am!)

On our Legend cruise last year I couldn't sleep the last night, so I decided to walk around. I saw no one else but crew inside so I went out on the deck. I was just in time to see the Skyway bridge as we were approaching it. I got some great night time pics while approaching and going under.

I love walking around the ship at night. After a night of partying on the boat my husband and I will walk the boat and it's so nice to just hear the ocean and have just peace and quiet compared to all the hussle and bussle during the day!

I have insomnia and often get up 4-5 in the mornings. Its like being the only person on board an odd, eerie, yet peaceful feeling. Eventually you run into the crew working. I like to get a seat on the lido deck watch the sun rise and the ship come alive.

WOW! Usually when I hit the bed, I'm out in 5 minutes. I didn't realize what I was missing. We have another cruise in Jan. I am going to have to make sure I get up and take a stroll. I love this idea.

I agree. I may have to set the alarm on my phone at least once to walk around at 4am and see what I could be missing. :)

We had a Central Park balcony on Allure and I ended up waking up in the middle of the night and went outside. There was a guy who apparently had too much to drink passed out in a chair outside of Giovanni's. I woke up a few more times throughout the night and saw that he slept out there until morning.

Late at night, can't remember which cruise, we walked past the hot tub and saw a couple girls and guys getting out of the hot tub in their underwear (+ bras for the girls). They dried off, put on their formal dresses/suits and dress shoes, and left. Kinda funny.

I usually get up around 5am and head down to the Lido Deck after my shower for coffee. You'll see lots of workers cleaning and polishing. You'll see the bartenders setting up their bars, pushing carts full of boxes of liquor and cases of beer. I tried to hijack one but the guy just smiled and kept on pushing it (a little faster I might add). You'll see the chair hogs drifting in to put their life's treasures on the lounge chairs to be abandoned for the rest of the day.

You normally see the same people on the Lido deck every morning. "The Early Birds". Then I try to make it to the bow of the ship to just stare out into space and enjoy the tranquility, wishing it would last forever.

On the fascination in April, I saw lots of cleaning going on around 3am including washing decks. There was also a group of maybe 7 or 8 passengers that had brought their blankets and such up to the golf course and were sleeping under the stars.

I have insomnia and often get up 4-5 in the mornings. Its like being the only person on board an odd, eerie, yet peaceful feeling. Eventually you run into the crew working. I like to get a seat on the lido deck watch the sun rise and the ship come alive.

Yeah it is nice seeing all of those things in the early morning - especially pulling into a new port and watching them dock.

My Dad usually gets up around 6am, does a few laps on the walking circuit, and then fetches coffee for my mom on the way back to the cabin. Me, I am not a morning person, but on the cruise with them early last year I had just flown in 2 days before, and was still heavily jetlagged, so I was DEAD asleep by 9pm, and FULLY awake at 5am. Enjoyed that week at sea, and was over the jetlag at the end of it. It was odd being on a different cycle to the rest of the ship (partiers).

I get up at 5 everyday, and it happens on a cruise as well. My wife and daughter sleep in till about 7. Those two hours of wandering the upper decks with coffee (when I find it) are my favorite times on board. Yes, lots of deck washing, polishing, chair moving etc. going on. It is about the only time all cruise I am at the crowded pool/lido area.

The way upper jogging track is where I mostly sit watching the world awake. Late night doesn't happen, I am down for the count by 8:30 or 9PM ( have an 8 year old). But mornings are my time.

As an insect fanatic, I get up around sunrise and take my camera around decks, snapping super-close-up photos of butterflies, moths, and other critters attracted to the lights. Even when the ship is miles from land, these creatures are drawn to the lights. Amazingly, my best insect photos in the Western Caribbean have all been on the ships.

First, thanks for an original post!;)

Unfortunately, I have my "brain's clock" set for 5:00AM, so, I too, wander the decks before sunrise.

If any of you have had the opportunity to walk in a big city, (Chicago, New York, etc.) before dawn, the feeling is along the same lines.

Unless you have done this, it's hard to describe the mind set of it all.

I like it!:rolleyes:

Archived