Passport for Barbados???

mildavis

Ok guys...HELP! Do we or do we not need a passport for Barbados??? Princess Cruises say we don't need one anymore and a friend told me he read an article in Kiplinger that said they now require them. Furthermore, I read somewhere (I think on the web) that they only require them if you are staying there or if your cruise ends there. Any info on this out there???

mildavis

Milissa D.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mildavis:
Ok guys...HELP! Do we or do we not need a passport for Barbados??? Princess Cruises say we don't need one anymore and a friend told me he read an article in Kiplinger that said they now require them. Furthermore, I read somewhere (I think on the web) that they only require them if you are staying there or if your cruise ends there. Any info on this out there???

mildavis

Milissa D.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barbados does require passports,BUT not for cruisers who are passing through.BUT,if your cruise ends there, as some do you, will need one,AND if for some reason you missed the ship or got sick and had to stay there you would need one to leave the island.SO...IMHO, and in these times of travel I would not leave the US without a passport.

Karen
Ü

I asked my TA about passports. She said technically we don't need them (Cozumel & Cayman Islands) however, she recommended we get them not only for ourselves, but our kids too. The reason is that more and more places are requiring passports. In today's heigthened security, they are not a waste. Also, a passport takes a while to get. If a passport is suddenly needed, will you have time to get one? I'd hate to miss visiting a destination because I didn't have a passport. Yes, they are expensive.

Leaving the US without a passport is easy. It's getting back in that's difficult. Doubtful they would implement a policy like that without more notice. But don't be suprised that within the next year or so, it will be a requirement.

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Paasports

Get them. They are good for 10 years and well worth the money spent on them.

Do hope that our government will soon make it mandatory that every US citizen will need a passport to leave the country - no matter if it is for business or pleasure.

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Archived