Early Saver question #5,437,520

All4fun&fun4all

Ok folks. This is our very first time booking ES. I know there are a million and twenty ES questions and I promise I have searched without an answer to my question. Hopefully someone with some ES knowledge (Firefly?) can give me an answer because of course I have gotten quite a few different answers from Customer Care.

Here is my scenario:

We are booked, through our Carnival PVP, in a PT (porthole) cabin at a rate of $429.00pp.

There are no other PT cabins left for our sailing. I have always been told that a PT cabin is the same as an Interior cabin so when there was a price drop the other day down to $399.00pp I called Customer Care, as per my PVP's advice, to verify that it was a "qualifiable" price drop. They said it was and I submitted the form online. I havent heard anything yet other than a confirmation email stating that they received my request and it could be 7-10 days before getting a response.

That's cool. I am quasi-patient. :D

Today, another price drop for Interior Cabins down to $369.00pp. I called customer care and the guy I spoke with said that there are no PT cabins showing so there isnt anything to match it to. :eek: Whhaaaaa??? He said to submit the form anyway because "what will it hurt". So I did.

Long story short (too late), if there are no PT cabins showing, but there are price drops for interior, shouldnt that be a price match? If I cant match to that, what is the next category up that we should match to.

I hope this makes sense. We book PT's because they are priced as an interior but you get the natural light. I would hope we would be able to get these price drops since they are listed as interior when you book them.

Also, how long has it taken you to see the price drop occur? Thanks in advance for your help. :o

My PVP says a PT is lower than a 4A. No, its not the same category.

Technically you would have to give up your PT to price match, unless they let you slide.

I had a 1A port hole, and wanted to price match to a regular inside, and they moved me to a regular inside to give me the price match to the regular inside. 1As had been sold out for a while.

Unless you get lucky .. the answer is a PT is not the same.. its the same price, but its a lower category, hence you are allowed to price match upward, assuming you are willing to give it up to get the price drop.

If they were the same category, they would have the same name. Just the price is the same.

The order of categories is 1A, IS, PT, 4A, 4B, 4C .. on up.. PT is technically lower than a 4A is why you are allowed to price match to it, because its a higher category, but as I said technically it also means you need to be willing to give it up and move to a regular inside (like they did to me :( ) ..

Technically you would have to give up your PT to price match, unless they let you slide.

I had a 1A port hole, and wanted to price match to a regular inside, and they moved me to a regular inside to give me the price match to the regular inside. 1As had been sold out for a while.

Unless you get lucky .. the answer is a PT is not the same.. its the same price, but its a lower category, hence you are allowed to price match upward, assuming you are willing to give it up to get the price drop.

If they were the same category, they would have the same name. Just the price is the same.

The order of categories is 1A, IS, PT, 4A, 4B, 4C .. on up.. PT is technically lower than a 4A is why you are allowed to price match to it, because its a higher category, but as I said technically it also means you need to be willing to give it up and move to a regular inside (like they did to me :( ) ..

So, if a 4A, 4B and 4C are all $369.00pp like the PT then I could get the price drop but will have to move from the PT to one of those categories instead?

Is my PVP allowed to help us with this? We have always booked Past Guest and got our price drops up to final payment date. Figured with ES we would enjoy watching for price drops up til the 2 days before.

Even after reading all the rules and caveats I am still a little lost with this. ES is kicking my arse. :cool:

I really appreciate your help Firefly. I knew if anyone would have an accurate answer, it would be you. :)

There have been instances that people reported on CC where they were not moved. However, you need to be prepared to move.

If you submit the price drop form .. or your PVP pretends to be you and submits it in your name for you.. it shouldnt make any difference. They dont take calls, you have to submit the form to them

I did not check the box to upgrade .. and I also put in the comments I would prefer not to have to give up my cabin.. they moved me anyway.

But maybe they wouldnt move you..its a chance you take if you want to price match to a higher category.

PTs used to be 5As and a higher category .. so Im just glad they are now the great price they are.

Mine was a solo cruise.. and for $120 I took the chance I'd give up my cabin and took the chance and put in for the price match. I would rather have the $120 when its just me in the cabin.

There have been instances that people reported on CC where they were not moved. However, you need to be prepared to move.

If you submit the price drop form .. or your PVP pretends to be you and submits it in your name for you.. it shouldnt make any difference. They dont take calls, you have to submit the form to them

I did not check the box to upgrade .. and I also put in the comments I would prefer not to have to give up my cabin.. they moved me anyway.

But maybe they wouldnt move you..its a chance you take if you want to price match to a higher category.

PTs used to be 5As and a higher category .. so Im just glad they are now the great price they are.

Mine was a solo cruise.. and for $120 I took the chance I'd give up my cabin and took the chance and put in for the price match. I would rather have the $120 when its just me in the cabin.

Firefly333, Thanks for the information I'm in the same boat as All4fun&funforall. I hope to meet you on the Miracle Alaskan 8/28/13 cruise.Pink

Firefly333, Thanks for the information I'm in the same boat as All4fun&funforall. I hope to meet you on the Miracle Alaskan 8/28/13 cruise.Pink

DANG Pink! When are you NOT cruising? You have any booked between now and our December sailing?

Pink in Alaska?? Who wouldve thunk it.

DANG Pink! When are you NOT cruising? You have any booked between now and our December sailing?

Pink in Alaska?? Who wouldve thunk it.

All4fun&fun4all, We come home to check the mail, see the dog, and mow the grass, Don't have any booked until our December sailing but will be calling our PVP tomorrow AM as there are some NICE prices on Fantasy for the rest of Sept. When I was a young lad my uncle Sam sent me to Alaska in December for ski training. It was dark and cold I hope to enjoy this cruise:) Pink

All4fun&fun4all, We come home to check the mail, see the dog, and mow the grass, Don't have any booked until our December sailing but will be calling our PVP tomorrow AM as there are some NICE prices on Fantasy for the rest of Sept. When I was a young lad my uncle Sam sent me to Alaska in December for ski training. It was dark and cold I hope to enjoy this cruise:) Pink

I like your name. Im a pink floyd fan too .. I remember the movie long ago and went to see it and thinking they are even more terrific than I remembered.

2nd to moody blues though.

i have a similar question. I am booked ES in a L shaped balcony cabin, which is considered an 8A. What if I see a price drop for balcony cabins lower than what I paid, but 8As are sold out. What if only 8B or 8C cabins are available. Would I still get the price drop and get to keep my 8A L shaped balcony?

i have a similar question. I am booked ES in a L shaped balcony cabin, which is considered an 8A. What if I see a price drop for balcony cabins lower than what I paid, but 8As are sold out. What if only 8B or 8C cabins are available. Would I still get the price drop and get to keep my 8A L shaped balcony?

Same answer, since the rules clearly state that you can only price match to your category.. if there are no cabins available in your category, you cant price match to them right?

They would need to move you to whatever category you wanted to price match to. Then you can price match to it.

Put it another way... lets say they left you in the 8A .. so you could still continue to price match to 8As.

But if they moved you to that 8B or 8C .. they know they can sell your cabin easier .. and now you have to price match to a higher category.

Some times things slip thru .. so I cant say 100% they wouldnt let you stay, but they should move you.

This just happened to me last week... We have our boys booked in a 4g but there are no 4g left for 3 people. I saw a price drop for a 4h on the Panorama Deck so I submitted the price protection form for the drop. It took 6 days but I got an email saying that it was denied because there were no more cabins available in my category. I responded to that email and attached the screenshot of the price for the 4h and explained that I'd like to price match to the higher category without without being moved. It took another 5 days but I got the email on Saturday and it was approved and I got the $60 taken off my balance. So I guess it's worth a try because it worked for me.

Same answer, since the rules clearly state that you can only price match to your category.. if there are no cabins available in your category, you cant price match to them right?

They would need to move you to whatever category you wanted to price match to. Then you can price match to it.

Put it another way... lets say they left you in the 8A .. so you could still continue to price match to 8As.

But if they moved you to that 8B or 8C .. they know they can sell your cabin easier .. and now you have to price match to a higher category.

Some times things slip thru .. so I cant say 100% they wouldnt let you stay, but they should move you.

Thank you miss firefly for your expert advice. Our PVP did match the price and give us another IS room as an upgrade. I decided against it and kept our room R1 on fantasy just fun. He had to go to a superior to change it back like it never happened. Much love to our PVP for making it happen because it was already done. About 3 hours later a pt showed up open. I submitted the form and was approved. $120. Thank you again miss Firefly. I am learning.

I have not had that same experience. On my recent Valor cruise my 8C category was long sold out. I got two price drops from a higher category AND did not have to give up my cabin. Both price adjustment notifications came through by the next day. I sailed in the same cabin that I had booked 11 months prior and had a very healthy OBC. Maybe my PVP is more awesome than I give her credit for.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

I have not had that same experience. On my recent Valor cruise my 8C category was long sold out. I got two price drops from a higher category AND did not have to give up my cabin. Both price adjustment notifications came through by the next day. I sailed in the same cabin that I had booked 11 months prior and had a very healthy OBC. Maybe my PVP is more awesome than I give her credit for.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

We got really lucky. PT rooms were already sold out and they moved us to a true interior. I begged our PVP to move us back (my dear GF might have jumped the gun a bit for the obc) and he fixed it. Another PT opened a couple hrs later and I got the obc. Lucky me. Without miss FF I probably would not be quite as happy.

i thought PT was lower than inside....

When we see a price drop we fill out the form and submit for the drop. Even if we don't get the drop it never hurts to try and it only takes a minute. I have been turned down and then several days later we get a notice it was approved, you never know until you try.

Archived