Grand Cayman

southernmama

Stingrays for sure. My kids still talk about it. The private excursions are the best because they take small groups and try to time it so the large ship excursions aren't there at the same time, to keep the crowds down. There is a reef most of the private tours go to also.

Thank you for your beautiful pictures.

I highly recommend the Reef, Rays and Rum Point tour with NativeWay. Stingray City is an awesome experience, the reef that they took us to for snorkeling was great and Rum Point was beautiful.

Here are some pictures...

https://picasaweb.google.com/113053822212229957735/Day3GrandCayman?authuser=0&feat=directlink

We are still undecided on what to do in Grand Cayman. We mainly wanna snorkle and have some relaxing beach time. First cruise ever. Thanks for the help.

We like Eden Rock. Get off the tender, turn right and walk down the street about 250 yds to the dive center where you can rent mask, fins and snrokel for just a few bucks. Walk out back , climb down the ladder and spend all day in a beautiful underwater park. Saves a boatload of money, right next to the tender pier, and a very nice place to dive and snorkel as long as you want. get out of the water, walk a block or so back to the tender and your back in your room in no time! Great little secret and not on the Carnival radar screen. We go every year.

We are still undecided on what to do in Grand Cayman. We mainly wanna snorkle and have some relaxing beach time. First cruise ever. Thanks for the help.

Grand Cayman is beautiful but very expensive! We have been to stingray city several times and I too highly recommend it! The last time we were there we rented jet skiis over there and then to rum point. Transportation is included and they will drop you off at 7 mile beach afterwards. There were only 6 waverunners plus the guides so we had plenty of time with the stingrays and didn't fight the crowd.

I just replied to another post like this but here goes:

go to the ports of call threads for Cayman Island. It has Lots of suggestions for PRIVATE excursions. As you can see in the pics there are mobs of people at the cruise excursions....you will have a much better experience if you book a private excursion (still at stingray island) but away from the mobs!!!! :rolleyes:

I ABSOLUTELY loved the stingray city and rum point beach tour through Carnival!! It was the best excursion and I would highly recommend it. You should be aware that Cayman is a tender port. So, if you are not on a Carnival excursion you will have to wait in a rather long line until all the people who booked a Carnival excursion take their tenders.

This excursion picks you up and transports you to a marina where you meet the captain and get on board the boat. This boat first takes you the Stingray City and the captain and his assistant were awesome! Then, you get back on the boat and head to Rum Point Beach. I loved this beach!! It was beautiful and had great food (food/drinks here are extra). Then you head back to the marina.

You got plenty of time at each place & it was well worth the money. Hope this helps!

WE didn't book through Carnival and our excursion was booked for 8:30 through Captain Marvin's. We were off the ship by about 7:30 - walked a block to Captain Marvin's - had coffee etc and looked around town - and were on the boat to go to the stingrays by about 8:40. Also - there were only about 12 of us and it was very relaxing - personal attention etc.

Do a search on the Grand Cayman board for tour operators to go to StingRay City. The ship tours are really crowded and far more expensive.

We used Fat Fish Adventures for our trip to Stingray City....we did waverunners so it was just the 4 of us & a couple in the power boat with their toddler....as opposed to the giant packed catamarans. My younger son would almost fly off everytime my H took a wave too fast....so our guide offered to let my son "drive" the boat on the return back to base

& it just made his day. used Fat Fish in 2009 & will use on my girls cruise in Jan.....have a great cruise! Jen

Another vote for Stingray City and snorkeling with Moby Dick...rates up there as one of our favorite excursions ever. We all had a great time. I also think the Rays, Reef, & Rum excursion that hrmkr referred to sounds really fun too.

If you want to go on the CHEAP. Take a CITY bus to CEMETERY beach. If you swim out about 200 feet from the beach the reef is pretty good . Lot of fish. The beach is behind an old cemetery. It's like having your own PRIVET BEACH.Check it out on the web.

Last tome we were in Grand Cayman I booked an excursion through Island Marketing. We took a taxi to a hotel on the North Bay. We then boarded waverunners and drove them across the bay to the Stingray Sandbar. When we were finished with the stingrays we drove our waverunners to Rum Point Beach. Had "a few" at the bar there and then drove our waverunners clear across the bay back to the hotel and hung out at the pool/beach for a bit. When it was time to go, our guide drove us back to the port. BEST EXCURSION EVER!!! The best part was when we pulled up to the stingrays on our waverunners at the same time as the 5,000 people who were on cruiseline excursions. It was just us and 1 other couple at our own pace. Next time I am there I am doing the same thing!!

Archived