Canada vs Caribbean

mastprop

We are booked on the Jewel in September. Our previous cruising experiences have been warm weather blue water Caribbean trips.

I am assuming we will not be hearing poolside Calypso music on a regular basis. Nor do we expect to see people 'reserving' deck chairs at 8:30 in the morning. What other differences should we expect?

Hi,

I was on one Canada cruise-out of NY-as amazing as this sounds-yes-they have Carribean music at the pool and despite horrible, foggy, rainy weather people still sat out in swimsuits-I don't understand it. The one major difference was the fog in the North Atlantic-I hope you didn't book a foward, balcony stateroom-the fog horn went off once a minute, every minute, twenty four hours a day. I could hear it in the interior spa room that was foward but couldn't hear in our interior, aft room-thank goodness! On an excursion one of my tablemates remarked she had not been able to sleep because of it. I did a kayacking/lobster lunch excursion in St. John's-very good-in Halifax just go on your own-if you want to go to Peggy's Cove there is a boat that goes there from Halifax harbor-better than the ship's bus. Just be careful about the time-some ships tell passengers to stay on ships time and some adjust to local time.

EMH

Thanks, our cabin is as aft as you can go. We have a rear balcony so hopefully the foghorn won't be an issue. Somehow rain, fog, Carribean music, and bathing suits just don't seem to go together, but to each his own.

Archived