Obtaining a birth certificate

ratkins

I am treating my 84 year old Mother to a cruise this summer. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a birth certificate. She was born in Washington, D.C. I live several hundred miles away. I have sent in a request for a copy from D.C. Vital Records over a month ago, but have had no response. Numerous phone calls, but no help from those fine folks.

Has anyone had experience with using the online services that help expedite getting a birth certificate? Are they reliable, legit, etc.? They advertise being able to get a birth record within 3 days (for a substantial fee, of course).

I am running out of time...

It took my about 6 weeks to receive my birth certificates. Keep an eye on your bank account- when the check clears you should get it within a day or two.

But from reading these boards--expediating may be your best bet if you are running out of time.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

I sent for the birthcertificates through the State of Calif website it took 6 weeks. Now if I had sent it to the County of Alameda it would have been faster. We just got them with only a few days to spare.

Also send a note with it saying you need it As soon as possible.

If you really need them and can pick them up in person, its much faster.

I used an expediter service to get my mothers birth certificate from Arizona. To my suprise we got it in 2 days. It cost $42.00 but it was worth it to have it in our hands. I foget which one I used but I used google to search for it.

Archived