Unusual Post??!! Would Love To See Pics Of Your "formal" Night Dress!!!

RMS95

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link to the e-bay store. I will probably get something there closer to the cruise.

Formal night question-I have a 10 y/o son that will be the 'male' in our party. Do most ship tuxedo shops carry young boy sizes, or can they alter them if I reserve it early enough? I just thought this would be a neat alternative for him, but I don't want to actually buy a tux.

Thanks for any help...

A..

I wore this to my friends wedding and was planning on wearing it on next years cruise, but it may be too dressy..not really sure though

322541427205_0_ALB.jpg

I'm sure this is too late, but I was able to view the picture. The dress (looked tan with ruffled skirt) would be PERFECT on a cruise. Not too formal at all.

IMHO

Hey Robert-R: I have to say, yours won hands down! Nothing better then seing a man in formal Scots attire! My great grandfather always used to dress that way for me when i visited, followed by Amazing Grace on the pipes. I still can't listen to that song without bawling. Now, to return to the gowns!

Last year I went on an NCL Caribbean cruise. We didn't get as dressed up for formal night as many other posters in this thread, but we didn't feel out of place at all. In fact, we saw very few people wearing floor-length gowns or tuxedos.

http://iceandcolour.tripod.com/formalsun.html

I'm the one in the blue dress.

Last year I went on an NCL Caribbean cruise. We didn't get as dressed up for formal night as many other posters in this thread, but we didn't feel out of place at all. In fact, we saw very few people wearing floor-length gowns or tuxedos.

http://iceandcolour.tripod.com/formalsun.html

I'm the one in the blue dress.

What a good looking group! On the 2 cruises I've been on so far, most people on formal night seem to dress as your crowd did - "dressy" dresses & suits. I happen to own a few gowns from other events, so I like the opportunity to wear them again. (They co$t enough!) Many "formal" dresses are shorter these days (as opposed to floor length - but I have been seeing more & more longer ones recently in the stores). Plus, I think that most men who wear tuxes actually own them, rather than rent them.

I'm sure this is too late, but I was able to view the picture. The dress (looked tan with ruffled skirt) would be PERFECT on a cruise. Not too formal at all.

IMHO

Thanks!!! I always get dressed up for formal night but wasn't sure if that was over the top. I love that dress and it is so comfortable so I will defintelly take your advice on wearing it. Thanks so much!! :D

What a good looking group! On the 2 cruises I've been on so far, most people on formal night seem to dress as your crowd did - "dressy" dresses & suits. I happen to own a few gowns from other events, so I like the opportunity to wear them again. (They co$t enough!) Many "formal" dresses are shorter these days (as opposed to floor length - but I have been seeing more & more longer ones recently in the stores). Plus, I think that most men who wear tuxes actually own them, rather than rent them.

haha, thanks Sharonella! Our group definitely didn't own any tuxes! They man I'm kissing in the second photo even had to buy the shirt and shoes specifically for the cruise (when he told me he was only bringing brown shoes, I dragged him to the mall) and borrowed the pants and tie from the other man.

Littlebit12: I love to get all dolled up as well, and I certainly agree with Sharonella that it's nice when I have an opportunity to wear my expensive gowns more than once. Unfortunately, for us it was a matter of packing space (or lack thereof). The six of us had to drive 8 hours to Toronto, stopping overnight on the way and again in the city, and then fly to Miami. I didn't want my gown to get crushed on the way!

haha, thanks Sharonella! Our group definitely didn't own any tuxes! They man I'm kissing in the second photo even had to buy the shirt and shoes specifically for the cruise (when he told me he was only bringing brown shoes, I dragged him to the mall) and borrowed the pants and tie from the other man.

Littlebit12: I love to get all dolled up as well, and I certainly agree with Sharonella that it's nice when I have an opportunity to wear my expensive gowns more than once. Unfortunately, for us it was a matter of packing space (or lack thereof). The six of us had to drive 8 hours to Toronto, stopping overnight on the way and again in the city, and then fly to Miami. I didn't want my gown to get crushed on the way!

Most cruise lines have pressing service for a reasonable fee - I think I had all 3 dreeses I brought on my first cruise (about 2 yrs ago) done for less than $15. You need to make sure the dresses are already cleaned tho - there isn't a drycleaning svc, & pressing could set in any of those "invisible" stains that might already be there.:eek:

Sha

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you.. as a first time cruiser it helped to see the various dresses worn. It gives me a better idea of what I should get to wear.

I was thinking the same thing! My two dresses are dressy, but not VERY dressy...I just wasn't able to get two really formal things right now, but I think I'll be OK.

• 4 weeks later...

I always go to a bridal shop and just got my new formal for my cruise this coming March. (like to plan ahead!) It's gorgeous and makes me feel like a queen.

We always come into Miami a day or two early, but on the first day of the cruise we'll get our dresses pressed. I wear my dressiest formal on the second formal night which always seems to be the dressier of the two.

Here's my friend and I on our last formal night.

Atspaafterupdos.jpg