family trip from CA -- Carnival or Norwegian?

rj314

We are planning a 4 day cruise from Los Angeles or San Diego area. This will be a family cruise with Grandparents, 2 families of 4, and one single. We will need 4 cabins.

The first question is Carnival or Norwegian? These are the 2 that sail from LA.

Then, should I try to book this myself through the cruise line itself, or should I get a professional?

Thanks for any help.

I am not an NCL fan, so I would have to vote Carnival. I just think you will be happier with the service and the kids program.

You can book it through bestpricecruises.com

Their prices are very good and service is great. I would usually recommend cruisequick as their prices are very low, but it is an e-mail only site and you may need some extra attention with your group.

Have fun!

Donna

Sorry, your choices would be RCCL or Carnival, NCL does not do short cruises out of LA. I have been on both and would have to vote on RCCL, hands down. If the Carnival cruise we took (Ecstacy) would have been our first cruise, it would have been our last. The only advantage Carnival has over the Monarch is larger cabins. However, the cabin (and the whole ship) were so unappealing to us, we called it our camper shell.

Both cruises were similar in activities, food, etc... The Monarch is just a whole lot classier. If you choose the 4 day cruise, Monarch stops in San Diego, Carnival has a sea day. We found the RCCL cruise to cost a bit less, too.

Carnival is replacing Ecstacy with Paradise sometime in the future. I hope that ship is a nicer one. You know what your family is like more than anyone on this board, even with my personal opinion, your choice should be based on what you want.

Have a fun cruise!

Kathy

Archived