Evening dinner dress code

marc1255boats

I read an old daily planner that listed 3 dress codes for different evenings.

Formal- men- tux, dinner jacket, suit and tie

-ladies- dressy outfit, formal gown

Informal- men- jacket and trouser (no jeans)

- ladies- informal dress or pants and blouse

Casual- men- sport shirt, trousers and (JEANS PERMITTED)

- ladies- dress, pant suit or sport outfit

Could someone confirm this so i plan my suitcase packing puzzle?

I'll be on the Musica in a couple of weeks.

I read an old daily planner that listed 3 dress codes for different evenings.

Formal- men- tux, dinner jacket, suit and tie

-ladies- dressy outfit, formal gown

Informal- men- jacket and trouser (no jeans)

- ladies- informal dress or pants and blouse

Casual- men- sport shirt, trousers and (JEANS PERMITTED)

- ladies- dress, pant suit or sport outfit

Could someone confirm this so i plan my suitcase packing puzzle?

I'll be on the Musica in a couple of weeks.

I have never been on MSC before. On my cruise on the Poesia this December , I will be going with my hubby and 16 yr old son. Both DO NOT dress. They are jeans and t-shirt kind of guys.

With this in mind, I told them NO JEANS. I am not going to bring a suit for them however, I will have them bring a jacket (and tie for formal nights). Otherwise, I am bringing them collared shirts to go with their pants for casual nights.

Usually I pack with the knowledge that laundry machines are handy. For example, 4 days of clothes for 7 day vacation. Since I have read that MSC Laundry packages are a decent price, I will keep this in mind. We can only bring 1 checked bag and 1 carry-on, so space will be limited.

Good Luck! Enjoy your cruise.

I have never been on MSC before. On my cruise on the Poesia this December , I will be going with my hubby and 16 yr old son. Both DO NOT dress. They are jeans and t-shirt kind of guys.

With this in mind, I told them NO JEANS. I am not going to bring a suit for them however, I will have them bring a jacket (and tie for formal nights). Otherwise, I am bringing them collared shirts to go with their pants for casual nights.

Usually I pack with the knowledge that laundry machines are handy. For example, 4 days of clothes for 7 day vacation. Since I have read that MSC Laundry packages are a decent price, I will keep this in mind. We can only bring 1 checked bag and 1 carry-on, so space will be limited.

Good Luck! Enjoy your cruise.

They are fine to wear jeans, just not on formal nights.

They are fine to wear jeans, just not on formal nights.

Really! I thought jeans were frowned upon in MDR and after 6pm elsewhere. However, for ease in packing, I am still removing the jeans as an option. It will be nice to see my men in pants other than jeans.

What is the formal nights like? Do they need suits? I was hoping a jacket/dress shirt/tie and dress pants would work. Do the men need to wear jackets any time other than formal nights?

Thanks.

Really! I thought jeans were frowned upon in MDR and after 6pm elsewhere. However, for ease in packing, I am still removing the jeans as an option. It will be nice to see my men in pants other than jeans.

What is the formal nights like? Do they need suits? I was hoping a jacket/dress shirt/tie and dress pants would work. Do the men need to wear jackets any time other than formal nights?

Thanks.

No they won't need suits. Some men will be wearing them, some smart jacket and trousers with or without a tie, some don't bother with a jacket

I'm quite glad to hear that you don't need a suit. We are going on the Fantasia on week 5 of a 7 week holiday in Europe and I can't see my husband being happy dragging a suit around with him through the rest of the holiday just to wear for two nights. It would take up far too much room in his bag too. I think we will go for a pair of smart but light weight pants, collared shirt and a tie - will be happy doing buffet if it doesn't look smart enough for the MDR.:)

I'm quite glad to hear that you don't need a suit. We are going on the Fantasia on week 5 of a 7 week holiday in Europe and I can't see my husband being happy dragging a suit around with him through the rest of the holiday just to wear for two nights. It would take up far too much room in his bag too. I think we will go for a pair of smart but light weight pants, collared shirt and a tie - will be happy doing buffet if it doesn't look smart enough for the MDR.:)

he will be just fine in his pants, shirt and tie for the MDR.

i was on magnifica(northern europe) last month.. some men wore tux in the first gala night but other than that most people seemed happy in their smart casual type cloths for all nights...

i think people dont pay attention on the dress codes other than the very first gala night... which is kinda normal :rolleyes:

Archived