fan fanatic

dory111

even though I have been told the air conditioning on board can be quite chilling, I have a bad habit of needing to sleep with a fan on. would they have these available on board for use or should I pack my mini?

I would think the cruise ship would have some fans on board. They do have emergency wetting situations where they need a fan to dry up a carpet, remove an odor, etc.

However, the advise to go to the local Wallymart and buy their cheapest model makes a lot of sense. Leave it onboard and consider it as part of the cost of the cruise.

I was going to add a third suggestion about hiring me to stand in your cabin, wave a towel and go 'brrrrr" when you are in the cabin. However, I decided that comment wouldn't be in good taste, so I decided to leave it out.

Les

icon_redface.gif

icon_wink.gif Fans

I have to sleep with a fan blowing on my face all the time. The minute we get on a ship we tell our cabin steward that I need a fan.

We have never had a problem getting one until this past Feb/Mar. The Oosterdam didn't have any! Our room steward searched for one and so did our concierges. The nest day we were in Nassau and the cruise director was sent to a store to buy a small one. He bought several just in case other people needed them. The only fans they had were the giant industrial ones for drying carpets.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Archived