On-Board Drinks

icecake

I have seen/read instructions to passengers that they will be searched on arrival and any drinks taken from them but given back on demarkation. The same rules appying when returning on board after leaving the ship.

I cannot find similar rules in the Cunard terms and conditions. Am I correct?

Where does it say in the terms and conditions that the customer can cancel the auto daily tip?

You can take on drinks for you use in the Cabin only, we always take a few bottels of wine, you cant cancel the 15% tip though on drinks you buy

Thank you for your knowledge. Where does it say that you can take a few bottles for use in your cabin and where does it say that you can't cancel the 15% tip on drinks bought on board?

Thank you for your knowledge. Where does it say that you can take a few bottles for use in your cabin and where does it say that you can't cancel the 15% tip on drinks bought on board?

Hi, icecake.

Here are a couple entries from the Cunard FAQ found on ask.cunard.com that may help answer your questions.

Can I bring alcohol on board for consumption?

The safety, comfort and enjoyment of all our guests has always been our main concern at Cunard Line, and with this in mind we have reviewed our policies with regards to the consumption of alcohol on board our ships. There is no restriction to the amount that can be carried on board, but guests should be aware of the below policies -

We reserve the right to remove alcohol at the gangway should the need arise. It is not our intention to invoke this policy as a matter of course and we will only implement on occasions where we consider it likely that the health, comfort, safety and enjoyment of guests may otherwise be compromised.

If you are travelling on a fly cruise we recommend that all liquids are packed in your hold luggage to comply with airport and airline restrictions.

Should you wish to take wine or Champagne on board to consume in a restaurant, you will be subject to a $20* corkage charge.

Should you wish to take wine or champagne on board to celebrate an event, the number of bottles you may take on will be at the port authorities discretion.

*prices are subject to change

Are tips included in the fare?

No, tips are not included.

Tips are charged at a discretionary charge which is added to your on board account. If you wish to amend this you can do so by contacting the Purser's Desk once on board. Queens and Princess Grill guests are initially charged US$13 per person per day, Britannia guests are initially charged US$11 per person per day.

All beverages sold on board are processed with an automatic addition of 15% service gratuity. The only exception to this rule are Special Service items (incur a $2.00 gratuity per item), souvenir bar items (without beverages) and cigarettes.

Note that this does not specifically state the 15% gratuity cannot be removed from beverage purchases, but there is no mechanism I am aware of to do so.

Regards,

John.

I will certainly cancel the auto tipping. It is not that I'm mean but, because we shopped arround for a good deal, at a time that suits us, to have 37% of the cruise cost added automatically doesn't make sense to me. I shall tip where and when I think justified, not when an over-seas culture is being forced upon us.

Archived