New Carnival Ship

udog21

A while back I suggested some new names for Carnival ships. So far, they haven't used any of them:(

Constipation

Flatulation

Perspiration

Gas Station

Conflagration... That one's not good!

Infatuation

*****.. Singles only!

Invasion

Saturation

Abrasion

Connotation

Abbheration

Algebraic Equation

Insatiation

Sedation

Asian Nation

Concentration

Tax Evasion

Tittilation

Vindication

Elevation

Flirtation

Vacation.. Now that's a good one. Whay haven't they used that?

Obliteration

Continuation

Transmogrification

Organization

Inebriation.. I'll be on that ship

Self-mutilation

Fornication.. That sounds like a "fun ship"

Copulation.. Groovy

Consummation..

Hydrogenization

Emaciation.. Not much to eat on this ship

Starvation.. Or this one

Dehydration

Inhalation.. I never inhaled :)

Vibration

I think I'd like to do a back to back on a few of those ships ;) Thanks for the laugh!!!!!! :D

A while back I suggested some new names for Carnival ships. So far, they haven't used any of them:(

Constipation

Flatulation

Perspiration

Gas Station

Conflagration... That one's not good!

Infatuation

*****.. Singles only!

Invasion

Saturation

Abrasion

Connotation

Abbheration

Algebraic Equation

Insatiation

Sedation

Asian Nation

Concentration

Tax Evasion

Tittilation

Vindication

Elevation

Flirtation

Vacation.. Now that's a good one. Whay haven't they used that?

Obliteration

Continuation

Transmogrification

Organization

Inebriation.. I'll be on that ship

Self-mutilation

Fornication.. That sounds like a "fun ship"

Copulation.. Groovy

Consummation..

Hydrogenization

Emaciation.. Not much to eat on this ship

Starvation.. Or this one

Dehydration

Inhalation.. I never inhaled :)

Vibration

Acutally at the past guest party when I was on the Glory, the CD announced that after the Freedom Carnival wanted to go back to 'shun' names and was looking for ideas for names. Of course as the ship was broken at the time I turned to Mrs Duck and said "how about malfunction". :D

Being non-US flagged myself I found the entire blurb a little offensive. :rolleyes:

Yeah what Derf said. *Huh??* The article said that is was supposed to fly a U.S. Flag.

Yeah what Derf said. *Huh??* The article said that is was supposed to fly a U.S. Flag.

Found the following a little "over the top"

tapping into a $7.5-billion a year market currently monopolized by foreign-flag ships

positive contributions to our trade balances

coastwise voyages which are exclusively reserved by law to U.S. built, American flag ships.

Maybe I am just a little thin skinned this morning, but I am beginning to wonder if they would even let ME sail on her.

Found the following a little "over the top"

Maybe I am just a little thin skinned this morning, but I am beginning to wonder if they would even let ME sail on her.

Gotcha.

LOL...I'm thinkin' they probably would ;)

My point was ANY American Flagged/Crewed ship would be a flop. Americans just don't have the work ethic any longer.:rolleyes:

Gotcha.

My point was ANY American Flagged/Crewed ship would be a flop. Americans just don't have the work ethic any longer.:rolleyes:

My brother sailed the Pride of Aloha or whatever in Febuary. He said there was a lot of comments about how the service on the non US Crewed ships was far superior. As this was his first cruise he had nothing to compare it to and being non-US flagged himself would have no comment.

My brother sailed the Pride of Aloha or whatever in Febuary. He said there was a lot of comments about how the service on the non US Crewed ships was far superior.

I was on that ship when it was the Sky and would go on it again if it weren't owned by NCL:rolleyes: I don't remember exactly when the first cruise was but I seem to recall reading that A LOT of crew members "walked off" the ship mid-voyage.

Carnival needs to get back to the methodology of naming ships after the Seven Deadly Sins. I thought they were on the right track starting with "Pride." Then we could have the Carnival Gluttony... (my *second* favorite Deadly Sin).

You always make me laugh. :)

I thought I read in Currents a year or more ago that Carnival was going to build ships that had windows on the inside looking over the lobby area, similar to RCL's Mariner. Am I dreaming this or has anyone else seen or heard of Carnival having that plan in the works?

At our past guest party...the CD told us after the slide show that in 2007 Carnival will come out with the Carnival Pinnacle and it will hold 5000 passengers and will be 3 times longer (bigger) than the Elation! Wow!

At our past guest party...the CD told us after the slide show that in 2007 Carnival will come out with the Carnival Pinnacle and it will hold 5000 passengers and will be 3 times longer (bigger) than the Elation! Wow!

Holy cannoli! :eek: That would have to be an eight day cruise, the first three just finding your way around that behemoth.

That one thing said it probably wouldn't be out, if it works, till end of 2008, early 2009. I thought they were putting out the carnival freedom in 2007?

The Freedom is coming out in 2007, it will be a Conquest Class ship. The Pinnacle project is still underway and will still be a few years...

Has anyone heard the rumors that Carnival is in the works on a ship that is being designed in a Y shape? I happened to hear one of the crew members on the Miracle talking about it. Somthing to do with having twice as many balconies on the ship. They would have them on the inside of the Y so balcanies would actually be across from one another. Very Interesting!!!!

There was a design simiilar to this on the old Masa Yards(now Aker) about a year ago. Who knows what the Pinnacle class will look like but at 170-180,000 tons it will hold a lot of people that's for sure. Figure about 5000 passenger and at least 1500 crew and that is too many people for a ship IMHO.

Carnival will not place an order for this until the Dollar and Euro get closer together in value. I wouldn't imagine anything coming out until 2008 or 09.

Archived