Problems with Carnival - HELP

Shirley Brown

On 4 April I booked a cruise with Carnival direct. NEVER AGAIN! When the invoice was received, I was charged $100. more than was told the fare would be. I have called the reservations daily for over a week. No return calls. I have left messages for supervisors to call. No returned messages. At this point my charge card bill is due, but that is the only leverage I have, is to not pay it. I tried to transfer the booking to a local agency and Carnival will not release it, since the cruise was paid in full at time of booking, and cruise date is 29 May.

Any suggestions on how to get to a human at Carnival. The reservationist that I have been able to get thru to, cannot help on this, on the booking agent or a supervisor.

Since you are so close to the sailing date, you are in penalty period & if you cancel, you lose more than the $100. I think I'd just keep trying & ask for the sales department. Document names, dates, & times you call. Write letters & when you get back, keep writing until you get a response. Let them know you will never travel with their line again. You have probably lost the money, but they may give you a certificate for a discount on a future cruise.

I'm not really fond of Carnival. Even with a $100 off certificate, I'd probably choose another line.

I would guess the reason you were charged more is that the agent let the room you were booking go to look at another price & when they went back to get it, the rates quoted were no longer available. This can happen when the ship is almost full. The agent should have gotten their supervisor on the line immediately. How to avoid this? Book far enough in advance that you CAN cancel without penalty if they mess up.

Kat

I would put the $100 overcharge on dispute with the credit company. That will allow you some time to work out the problem with Carnival without having to risk losing your trip. I would also suggest mailing with return receipt requested a letter outling what you were quoted and what you were charged. Let them know that you are disputing this with the CC company. Make sure you include name of the person you have spoke to when you booked the cruise.

Good Luck!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Pink Sand and Blue Waters of Bermuda

Here is the number for the line at Carnival that deals directly with problems before or after the cruise. 1- 800-929-6400. Good Luck! I wish you the very best.

Wedding and Honeymoon on the Conquest

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;3;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Archived