FLL to MIA rental car

mecagirl

Has anyone rented a car from Avis at FLL, then dropped it off at MIA and taken the Avis shuttle to the Pier? Just seems like a hassle to me.

Would it be easier to rent from a company where I can drop off at a local hotel and then take the rental company shuttle to the pier? If so, which companies are good for this?

Thanks for the advice, ImpulsivePuppy.

Anyone had any great experiences renting a car at FLL and getting to the Miami pier? Our flight gets in around 5:30am the day of the cruise (don't ask - it's a group decision). We're not staying in a hotel, but don't want to be transferred to the pier by Carnival right away. We'd like to rent a car or have a driver drive us around Miami for a mini-tour before going to the pier. We also want to stop for breakfast somewhere. After looking at limo rentals for 8 people for more than just an hour/transfer, it was much more economical to rent a car...

Any advice would be super helpful!

I rented a car in FFL, and dropped off at MIA with no major problems.

the Fort Lauderdale airport is right next to the highway, so getting to Miami is no problem.

The the rental offices in Miami aren't right at the airport, but there are plenty of signs showing where to go. From there, the shuttle ride to the pier isn't that long.

Personally, if I got off the plane at 5:30..I'd probably just drive to the beach, and try to go back to sleep.

Archived