from Holland to Oasis

colkeena

A bundle of ambiguity here....

If you are talking arriving at Ft Lauderdale airport and getting to Oasis of the Seas, taxi is the easiest, and costs about $15.

Same day arrival is never recommended.

If you are sailing in on Holland America, and need to get over to Oasis, you can walk, if you don't have mobility issues, or, again, take a taxi.

All of this, and many other related issues are discussed on the Florida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale and need to get to Oasis for same day cruise.

Can anyone recommend a way to do this?

The easiest, fastest and least expensive way is to simply take a taxi. The port if very close to the airport (you can actually see the tops of the ships from the airport). Once you have your luggage and are clear of Customs you simply walk outside and will see the taxi queue. The total cost of your taxi will be approximately $15 (it varies a little depending on traffic) and will take about 10 min to get to your ship. You do need to pay in US dollars so if you are coming from Europe and have no dollars you should get some inside the airport terminal at an ATM or one of the money changing windows.

In the US we do generally tip taxi drivers about 10-20% depending on service. I am usually generous to a taxi driver that is very helpful with my luggage (might even tip $5).

Hank

The easiest, fastest and least expensive way is to simply take a taxi. The port if very close to the airport (you can actually see the tops of the ships from the airport). Once you have your luggage and are clear of Customs you simply walk outside and will see the taxi queue. The total cost of your taxi will be approximately $15 (it varies a little depending on traffic) and will take about 10 min to get to your ship. You do need to pay in US dollars so if you are coming from Europe and have no dollars you should get some inside the airport terminal at an ATM or one of the money changing windows.

In the US we do generally tip taxi drivers about 10-20% depending on service. I am usually generous to a taxi driver that is very helpful with my luggage (might even tip $5).

Hank

As I said, a bundle of ambiguity here. It reading the OP's other posts he/she does appear to be arriving on HAL's Eurodam from a New England cruise. Not on a flight. But can't tell that from the post.

Oasis will be at terminal 18 (she is always there). You won't know until a week before Eurodam arrives as to which terminal she will dock (It's posted on the port website 7 days in advance). It could be an acceptable walk (dragging all of your luggage) or a very long walk. A taxi would work, but finding a cabbie for such a short ride may be difficult.

Archived