Booking air through cruise line

sheriew

We are sailing out of San Juan, PR in October on a repositioning cruise to Galveston. After trying to find one-way fares to San Juan, I'm reconsidering buying airfare through the cruiseline (Celebrity). These are my concerns: I am the kind of person that likes to know everything in advance (departure times, etc.) .. also, do they ever book you into your departure port a day ahead of time? I hate not knowing ahead of time what the plan is. Can anyone ease my mind about it or give me their advice or comments?

9/1/02 Rhapsody

5/18/03 Rhapsody

On Land-Cancun 12/2002

On Land again - Cozumel 10/03

REALLY Ready for a Cruise!!!

Galaxy 10/25/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;10;25;23;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I have done 6 cruises with airfare through cruise line and 3 were to San Juan. I didn't find out what what the times were til about 2 wks before. Only one of the 3 was a non-stop from Chicago. Other ones had 1 stop, either in Miami, or Atlanta I think. They will find you something the day of sailing. They may suggest going a day early, but you will pay for the hotel.

I don't know if Celebrity has the "day prior" option that Royal Caribbean has but for $69 pp we flew in the day before and the hotel was included. We were able to get the flight info from our TA about 3 weeks out. For flights leaving "day of" your TA should be able to check with the cruiseline about a month prior to your departure for schedules. There is also a "deviation" option which (for a fee of course) allows you to semi-pick your own flights; ask your TA about it.

Deborah

First: BERMUDA STAR 1986

24 others in between

Last: RADIANCE 12/03

Repo cruises are one of the *few* times that purchasing airfare through the cruiseline makes economic sense.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Did you happen to check the fare for Southwest to MCO and Spirit to San Juan. These fares don't show up on the normal websites, but check their websites.

Bill D

RCCL Song of Norway 7/79?

CCL ? 12/84

RCCL Viking Serenade 7/01

RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 12/01

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 5/02

RCCL Monarch of the Seas 7/02

RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 12/02

Princess Grand Princess 6/03

RCCL Voyager of the Seas 12/03

RCCL Vision of the Seas 3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600  Rhapsody of the Seas 5/30/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;20;20;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Empress of the Seas 12/20/2004

What repo cruise are you doing?

Thanks!

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05

Dawn Princess - 10/04

Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)

Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)

Island Princess - 05/04

Grand Princess - 10/03

Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)

Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

icon_wink.gif Air lines

Normally we book our own air for cruises departing and arriving in the same port.

We have done several repositioning cruises and European cruises where we had to use the cruise lines air. But we paid the extra money and told the cruise what air line and time we wanted to fly. That way we knew everything from the beginning. And we weren't routed all over the country. The cruise lines tend to book blocks of seats on the worst flights.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Archived