New Charleston Cruise Terminal

All4fun&fun4all

I hope Charleston will build the new terminal and get a larger ship. More tourist, more money for Charleston. Also a larger ship closer to my home.

If you get a bigger ship, maybe you could send the Fantasy back to Mobile, Alabama.

I could alternate between Mobile and Charleston.

Good luck, I hope you have success in getting a new cruise terminal.

I have lived in Charleston for several years and I got msrried in Summerville. I recently had an on line debate with one of those who oppose the terminal. I had a tough time making him realize the benefits of a terminal and remind him of the shipping history of the city. Both commercial and military. I also had to remind him of two main things that Charleston is famous for. Starting a war and horse diapers. He tried to deny both but failed.

Charleston is a great city with a colorfull and historic city. There are even areas with their own language. A terminal would be a great benefit for the city and the snobs are trying to deny it to all other residents.

I am 3rd generation true Charlestonian which can be very difficult to find around here. Many of the residents here have come here from somewhere else. My family has a great deal of history in this city and as a southern lady I want to share my beautiful city with people who come here to learn about it. Anyone who has cruised out of Charleston can attest for the need for a new terminal. It is blatently obvious to all who embark here that it just feels like we are just "making it work" as opposed to feeling seamless. They do a really good job at being efficient but it really is just a shame.

I even talked to my mom and dad who have watched many changes over their 80+ years living here and they are completely for it. Simply because they are smart enough to know that the new terminal and having a ship in port brings jobs. The funny thing is that they dont even know what the name of the ship is because they will never set foot on a cruise ship. They just know that their youngest daughter wont shut up about cruising. :p:D And they know that it will bring money into Charleston.

I am glad to see others are also writing. I am hoping it will be helpful. At least we are trying. :)

Have never been to Charleston but we will be sailing with y'all (look at me..gettin down with the "y'all") in less than 80 days and I can honestly tell you the main reason we chose this port is location, location, location.

Charleston, with the rising cost of airfare, is in a great position to attract people like myself (from farther up north), who can drive within a day to this port! It would take us almost twice as long to get to Miami or Fort Lauderdale and while I love cruising, I do it with my family and paying airfare for 4 to FL is as much (if not more sometimes!) than a 7 day cruise.

We are coming early! We will be touring your city! We are spending money..lol! I am SO excited to see Charleston, meet it's people and sail out of your port. I will write, as an out-of-stater, and let them know it was this cruise that's bringing me there for the first time.

I have been to Charleston numerous times & it is a great city. Great City to spend a night or two in before/after a cruise. I have only sailed out of Charleston once before, a few years back on Norweigen & it is very convenient for those of us that live in & around the Carolinas. I would love to see a Port built that can handle a bigger ship, just not sure if it is possible. One of these days I will sail the Fantasy, but I do enjoy the newer/bigger ships better.

Have never been to Charleston but we will be sailing with y'all (look at me..gettin down with the "y'all") in less than 80 days and I can honestly tell you the main reason we chose this port is location, location, location.

Charleston, with the rising cost of airfare, is in a great position to attract people like myself (from farther up north), who can drive within a day to this port! It would take us almost twice as long to get to Miami or Fort Lauderdale and while I love cruising, I do it with my family and paying airfare for 4 to FL is as much (if not more sometimes!) than a 7 day cruise.

We are coming early! We will be touring your city! We are spending money..lol! I am SO excited to see Charleston, meet it's people and sail out of your port. I will write, as an out-of-stater, and let them know it was this cruise that's bringing me there for the first time.

Wonderful! Cant wait to meet you Allison! And you used Y'all properly! I am so proud of you. :) You even put the apostrophe in the right place.

Archived