Reflection is doing donuts

Caymon

Maybe Francesco Schettino (captain of the Costa Concordia) was at the helm.:D

As they told us on our last cruise (over and over and over again on the station they have the tv set on when you get into the room) they take "your safety VERY seriously!"

The first vehicle I had that had a compass in it, occasionally would need to be recalculated. I would have to go into a parking lot and do a tight circle to set it right. It always worked. EM

Maybe they're using iPhone maps onboard. I have to do a figure of eight with it to recalculate. :D

I thought you meant donuts, as in crispy creme!!! I got excited!!!:D

That's what I meant, too! ;);) Even if donuts are not exactly health food, they're yummy and I had hoped for another addition to the café area: crépes, donuts, real scones with clotted cream....

The first vehicle I had that had a compass in it, occasionally would need to be recalculated. I would have to go into a parking lot and do a tight circle to set it right. It always worked. EM

Actually that is what the Captain is doing. Resetting the compass.

Hi,

In this particular case, calibrating the nautical compass is part of the basis sea trials prior to handover.

Actually, recalibration of the compass is fairly routinely carried out; this summer alone in EnlighBay here in Vancouver, we've witnessed 4 of them , including Century about 2 months ago. The Master had pre-warned the guests about his intents. It was actually ''cute'' to see her do two ''figure 8''s in the middle of English Bay.

Cheers

Archived