Fly-Cruise Flight and Airport Information

icecake

Do Cunard use a specific airline(s)? Flying from Heathrow to Europe, which terminal do they use?

We are flying to Rome to embark on the QE. What is access like for less than 100% able?

Sometimes Cunard charter complete aircraft (ie everyone on the aircraft is going on your cruise). Usually they charter from from BA.

Beware - if this is the case with your fly-cruise, although it makes for easier transfers, the luggage limitations etc are those set by Cunard & not by the airline.

I recall one complaint from a cruiser that she wasn't allowed to pay for excess luggage, she was limited to only taking the allowance. Quite why she needed the extra luggage for just a 7-day cruise is beyond me :rolleyes: but she wasn't a happy bunny.

BA from Heathrow fly almost-exclusively from T5, but you've no need to be informed which terminal way ahead of time unless you want to book a Nat Express coach.

You need to notify the airport or airline if you need a wheelchair or buggy-ride.

Try the forums suggested by KK, but probably best to get this info direct from the horse's mouth because arrangements for other folks' cruises may not apply to yours. So ask Cunard or your T/A.

JB :)

Do Cunard use a specific airline(s)? Flying from Heathrow to Europe, which terminal do they use?

We are flying to Rome to embark on the QE. What is access like for less than 100% able?

If you have a TA I would ask that they contact Cunard directly on this. If not I would contact them yourself.

Keith

Archived