Carry on luggage

best Oma

I am not checking my luggage for my flight ... can I keep my carry on luggage when I check in at the port and bring my self on the ship or do I HAVE to check it on the ship?

Also if I bring my carry on luggage will I be able to put it in my cabin right away or am I lugging it around with me on the ship until the cabin is ready?

Thanks guys!

Yes, you can carry on your own stuff. I do it all the time. It has to go through a scanner, but if it fit at the airport, it will definitely fit at the pier. (And the screening at the pier is generally less comprehensive than at the airport.)

I usually just lug my stuff around until the cabin is ready. Once I asked the steward and she said I could leave the stuff in my cabin if I wanted, but they couldn't guarantee its security because they were still working on the cabin. More recently I've heard they are taking additional steps to keep passengers out of the cabin areas until the "ready" announcement is made.

They MIGHT have an area where you can temporarily park your luggage. Ask the people who greet you as you board the ship.

I have to commend anyone who can pack for a 7 night cruise (if that's the case) in a carry on. I can make 4 days, but not 7, LOL.

You can carry your bag on but whether you have to carry it around or put it in your room depends on what time you get on the ship. They generally don't allow you to go to your cabin until about 1 PM. But most ships have a bar they use where you can drop the luggage while you go and grab something to eat until your cabin is ready.

Archived