Blackbeards grave and queen Anne replica

poppydawg

I was under the impression that Blackbeard was beheaded and his body was tossed into Beaufort Inlet. If there's a grave, I've never heard about it.

DD is getting married on 10/20 in "little" Washington, NC, which is just up the Pamlico Sound from Bath, where Teach spent time. If I thought I'd have time I'd drive down there for a visit, I would, but I leave the next day to head straight to Charleston, then board the Fantasy the next day.

Of course, DD lives in Greenville (I regularly give her a hard time for not majoring in Maritime Studies so she could be part of the Queen Anne's Revenge recovery work), so I could go visit her some weekend and visit Bath.

Try the maritime museum in Beaufort, NC. That's where they found the ship. There are several artifacts from the ship as well as a replica of the Queen Ann's Revenge. There is a whole section filled with all things Blackbeard. His house was also located in Beaufort, it's not indicated but locals can tell you where it is.

There is actually a rumor of Blackbeard's grave being located on CoCo Cay but it's not confirmed! My guess is if it had been difinitively found, the cruise line would have an excursion and charge you.

I've never heard anything about a replica there. We in NC seem to have the most about him at Beaufort!

• 2 weeks later...
I found it but its obviuosly fake. Its right off of the nature trail on the main road.

That's what I was going to say. There's a tombstone by one of the nature paths but it's strictly a photo-op.

Archived