How to post pictures ??

IflyWithDi

What is Tapatalk? How do you post from it?

Tapatalk is a tablet/phone app. I believe the only way to get it to work on a regular computer is via a tablet/phone emulator like Adam.

It is ridiculously easy to post photos from Tapatalk. The photos are hosted on Tapatalk's own servers. Taptalk's terms of service make no guarantees about those photos being there for any specific amount of time. As far as I know they've not dumped any data yet, but just know that they can, and indeed could just dump them all at any time without warning and without remedy. That's not to discourage folks from using Tapatalk. It's my preference by far. I'll go so far as to switch from my desktop to my tablet just to post a photo of something. However, I would think twice about using it for a thread within which I intend to put a cruise review. For that I would find another way, since while any regular thread I expect to be read over the next few days and then perhaps rarely if ever read again, I would hope that cruise reviews are read by people over a number of years after the cruise.

It may just be me, but I only see your link to the photo on Amazon. If you were trying to post the actual picture in the message try the following, while on Prime Photo's you double click on the picture to select it, you can right click on it then select copy picture, not copy address, and then paste the picture directly into the message here on CC and it should show up in the post. As an aside, it took them raising their price for me to look into what services they provided and to find out we have a hosting site now with Amazon, that I did not know about before. ( poor research on my part for sure).

It may just be me, but I only see your link to the photo on Amazon. If you were trying to post the actual picture in the message try the following, while on Prime Photo's you double click on the picture to select it, you can right click on it then select copy picture, not copy address, and then paste the picture directly into the message here on CC and it should show up in the post. As an aside, it took them raising their price for me to look into what services they provided and to find out we have a hosting site now with Amazon, that I did not know about before. ( poor research on my part for sure).

Thanks. I tried using my iPad. I normally use my iPhone and Tapatalk to post photos. It is so easy! I post live reviews. Is there a way to do that using prime photo? If too complicated I’ll stick with Tapatalk. Thanks for your help![emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. I tried using my iPad. I normally use my iPhone and Tapatalk to post photos. It is so easy! I post live reviews. Is there a way to do that using prime photo? If too complicated I’ll stick with Tapatalk. Thanks for your help![emoji3]

If you post through Tapatalk on a live report, there is no need to host the pictures anywhere else, ie prime or Shutterfly, etc. as once you post them from your phone or IPad Tapatalk hosts the photos directly.

If you take picture with a camera instead of your phone or IPad you either need to get the photo into your phone or IPad to be able to load it through Tapatalk. The other way if you have a camera other than your phone, is to load them onto your computer back in the cabin from your camera, then using ships WiFi upload them to prime then copy and paste the photo using the CC boards on your Computer as described in my previous post.

Tapatalk makes posting pictures taken with your phone or IPad very simple as you know since you just select them while composing your post on your phone.

It is as described, a bit more work posting pics from a camera. But, for my next upcoming cruise on Harmony of the Seas I want to post better quality pictures for my report along with for myself and my camera can take much better lowlight pictures than my iPhone so I will be using both tapatalk to post pics from my phone and using my computer to post pic’s from my better camera.

Hope I did not confuse you with my long winded explanation. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, makes perfect sense! I use a GoPro and the app downloads directly to my iPhone. Too bed we can’t upload videos here. I’m trying NOT to have to take my laptop, but will if needed. I’ll keep your directions handy! Thanks again!

No, makes perfect sense! I use a GoPro and the app downloads directly to my iPhone. Too bed we can’t upload videos here. I’m trying NOT to have to take my laptop, but will if needed. I’ll keep your directions handy! Thanks again!

As another, aside, (do not want to hijack the thread but it technically deals with uploading stuff), I just purchased the Hero 5 Black Go Pro and plan to upload videos during my upcoming Live from the Harmony. It is relatively easy if you want to setup a free youtube account. Once you get your videos on your iPhone, you can upload videos from your phone directly into the youtube app on the phone, then you can copy the link to the youtube video and post it into your live report, using the youtube posting button like I did below (of course I had an issue imbedding the video using the youtube button on my computer but can still see the link to follow). I have done that on my past two live reports and, dependent on what ship and wifi speeds, works horribly or not at all on a ship like the NCL Breakaway, or amazingly well on RCL Anthem and I am hoping the same for Harmony.

Edited by seadog67
error in pasting youtube link (:O

I've been reading the most recent 4 or 5 pages of this forum, and I still can't make heads or tails of TapaTalk. I added it to my phone through the app store and it does not do anything for me...it wants me to follow topics that I may be interested in, but I don't see where I can upload photos so that I can EASILY post them on CC. Can someone please help me? Thank you!

I've been reading the most recent 4 or 5 pages of this forum, and I still can't make heads or tails of TapaTalk. I added it to my phone through the app store and it does not do anything for me...it wants me to follow topics that I may be interested in, but I don't see where I can upload photos so that I can EASILY post them on CC. Can someone please help me? Thank you!
Just reply to a post. When you do you'll see a spot below that you can press to add, "Photos, Files". 3bdd6e76d80c99ecce063b9d588808c5.jpg

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Just reply to a post. When you do you'll see a spot below that you can press to add, "Photos, Files". 3bdd6e76d80c99ecce063b9d588808c5.jpg

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

I don't think they have figured out how to get to the threads.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thank you all so much for your quick response! With your help, I am now able to post pics using Tapatalk. I really appreciate the great people on CC who are so willing to share info!!
Glad it worked out, folks usually post a test for us to see. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk