How to post pictures ??

IflyWithDi

Be aware that there is a limit to the GB of attachment files, and I believe each photo that is posted directly from computer, not from third party site, counts toward that limit.  This could/would be a problem for folks that post lots of pic in a blog/review.  EM

The pictures resize automatically 

No more 6 pics per post

The attachment storage is immense 

Video does not get shrunk, so that will eat up your allotment.  20 second video is 9MB of the 26MB I currently have stored

I have 700+ images from the past, that is around 6% of my allowance. That one video used about 2% of my storage

Posting pictures is easier than ever.  There is no need to have a secondary site to host your photos.  All you have to do is drag a photo from your device to the post.  That's it.

You can see your storage status by clicking on your name (top right) of the page and then selecting attachments.  It will show you your history.

Vic

The attachment upload is pretty slick but your overall attachment volume is limited to 488MB. A couple hundred 2MB-3MB attachments seem like a lot, and will hold most folks for a while. Here on the photo board, regular posters like Justin will slam the limit in a few weeks. Not sure what happens when you hit the limit. Will there be a pay-to-play for more storage?

I will still post using links for most stuff since it's usually already uploaded to my Zenfolio account or somewhere. Probably the way to go if you are a fairly prolific poster.

Dave

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pierces said:

The attachment upload is pretty slick but your overall attachment volume is limited to 488MB. A couple hundred 2MB-3MB attachments seem like a lot, and will hold most folks for a while. Here on the photo board, regular posters like Justin will slam the limit in a few weeks. Not sure what happens when you hit the limit. Will there be a pay-to-play for more storage?

I will still post using links for most stuff since it's usually already uploaded to my Zenfolio account or somewhere. Probably the way to go if you are a fairly prolific poster.

Dave

See post #1580

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

See post #1580

Testing resize

PICT1181Clean.jpg

IMG_20180119_154829.jpg

Testing Link

p2889049907-6.jpg

The normal view seems to have a hard width limit. Clicking to view shows the resized image at the maximum width of 1000px. The resized vertical has a set width of 900px. The linked file shows at the size determined by the link. The uploaded files were cut to just under 200k and if that is average for an upload, it kicks the average to somewhere north of 2500 images before the limit is hit. Not bad and more than enough for almost anyone.

Dave

Edited by pierces

On 9/26/2018 at 10:16 PM, Mtn2Sea said:

Testing again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’m going to try. Wow I think I did it Happy Happy. Don’t get  scared it’s only me 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Pictures can be inserted by  using insert media

image.png.75fa7e2a80465926542af677447e1946.png

or drag files to attach

image.png.cf432c4692856bdeaab65ea3633868ea.png

or if you take a screenshot you can paste it in or if you right click on an existing photo on the internet and chose copy link location or copy image

image.png.16201978ec0f63cb5ae104cb06463b3f.png

448139047_AlesundNorway.jpg.21b189cddc31

The Drag and Drop attachment seems to work fine. My concern is eating up my allowed storage --then what? 

The Insert Image from URL doesn't work at all. When I click Insert other Media I get the box to insert the URL link and when I paste a link into that box the box turns red and nothing further can be done. 

I have a question which I am sure you smart photographers can answer!:classic_smile:  If I am on a ship, without internet, and I post some photos using my iPhone, but don't send them until I get internet ashore, will that work?  On occasion we have bought some internet time on a ship, and what I do is to go offline, write my post (I'm not sure I have ever included a photo) "send" it, but it goes in my outbox, and then, when I log on to the internet, it goes automatically (using Tapatalk).  Think it will work now, using CC to send the photos?  I really miss Tapatalk, and the CC app.  

I seem to be able to drag and drop photos on my iPhone, but my laptop only gives me the opportunity to put in a URL, which I don't know how to do.  Weird.

I'll have to see if this works.

P1060634.JPG

I guess it does!

Edited by Vict0riann