I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

We found our room easily and I took a couple of quick pictures.

castawayclubbackpack.jpg

That was my gift for being a silver Castaway Club member. It had some pretzels, Disney shaped goldfish crackers and a keychain inside I believe. (I think I took a picture of it later on)

2ndstartotheright.jpg

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

room3.jpg

room4.jpg

room5.jpg

This room was 5130. I looked for reviews online and one person made mention that it did NOT have a split bathroom. I figured this person must’ve been off their rocker, because there aren’t any veranda rooms on the Magic in this category without a split bathroom. Sure enough I was right, it did have 2 bathrooms. I do plan to go in and make a review myself and correct the info.

room6.jpg

room7.jpg

room8.jpg

We then headed back towards the atrium to meet up with the gals. As we walked I really liked what I saw. My friend and co-worker Jeanne has sailed the Magic many times…..I think she has sailed with Disney something like 40 times!!!!! She had told me the Magic was still her favorite, but it did look a little worn. I was expecting it to look much more worn than it was. Most things were still bright and clean and we saw them daily doing maintenance on painting and floor boards, etc. Only a few spots did I find it look less than Disney standards.

We decided to take the stairs down from deck 5 to 3.

5aftelev.jpg

promanadelounge.jpg

Look! Oil Rigs right outside the porthole….and nasty green water.

oilrig1.jpg

hallway.jpg

And the girls were just coming in the Atrium at the same time.

meetinginlobby.jpg

And we didn’t mingle too long, we were starving!

lightfixture.jpg

hallway1.jpg

There was practically no one in the restaurant too.

Parrotcayentrance.jpg

parrotcay1.jpg

We were seated and I went and took a few pictures before I ate.

I guess the desserts were calling my name first…..actually they were still full and not picked over, so I wanted to get shots like that.

parrotcaydesserts1.jpg

parrotcaydessert2.jpg

parrotcaydesserts3.jpg

parrotcaydesserts4.jpg

The ultimate, best dessert EVER! I just love their chocolate chip cookies. I don’t know what it is, but they are to die for. I will push you down and step on you if you get between me and those cookies!

parrotcaydesserts5.jpg

parrotcayshrimp.jpg

And my first round of plates.

myparrotcayplate1.jpg

myparrotcayplate2.jpg

My only complaint was the salad dressing. I am a French dressing kid of girl….and I never saw it offered….though I never asked if they had it either.

A view up from our table.

parrotcay3.jpg

After sitting and chatting and eating a bit, we saw Mary walk in. We said hellos and she said her friends were already seated and we glanced back at their table and gave a wave.

I was not done yet. I went back up for a 2nd round…and then desserts too!

parrotcayfruit.jpg

parrotcaysoupbowls.jpg

myparrotcaydessert2.jpg

After stuffing myself silly, I took a few pictures of the tables.

parrotcaynapkin.jpg

parrotcaysaltandpper.jpg

We chatted a little longer….Can you believe that Susan isn’t a dessert fan. I almost had to leave the room! LOL. Actually I wish I wasn’t a big dessert lover…I would probably lose weight a lot easier then.

We decided it was time to tour the ship a bit. We still had lots of time till we had to attend the muster drill. We had finished eating about 12:45.

Off we went. The plan was to go sign up for the drawing at the Vista Spa. We headed to the midship elevators.

promandadelounge2.jpg

I stopped and took this picture of this boat, but got a lot of my own reflection in it.

lookoutthewindow.jpg

And we all tried to crowd into a very full elevator. Guess what…the elevator will have a light that says overloaded when you exceed its weight. LOL…..Yep we found that out the hard way. Lisa and I stepped back out and said we would meet up later. We got on the next one and Lisa was now paranoid that every time she stepped into one the light would alert.

We found our room easily and I took a couple of quick pictures.

castawayclubbackpack.jpg

That was my gift for being a silver Castaway Club member. It had some pretzels, Disney shaped goldfish crackers and a keychain inside I believe. (I think I took a picture of it later on)

2ndstartotheright.jpg

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

room3.jpg

room4.jpg

Is that a clock in the night stand picture?

Is that a clock in the night stand picture?

Yes it is and we never figured out how to use it. We played with it and the alarm kept going off at 3:30 AM and finally after a couple of nights we got it turned off. I used my phone (In airplane mode) for an alarm if we ever needed it.

parrotcay1.jpg

We were seated and I went and took a few pictures before I ate.

I guess the desserts were calling my name first…..actually they were still full and not picked over, so I wanted to get shots like that.

parrotcaydesserts1.jpg

parrotcaydessert2.jpg

parrotcaydesserts3.jpg

parrotcaydesserts4.jpg

The ultimate, best dessert EVER! I just love their chocolate chip cookies. I don’t know what it is, but they are to die for. I will push you down and step on you if you get between me and those cookies!

parrotcaydesserts5.jpg

DCL tops CCL in the dessert department hands down! I did not even eat desserts on the buffet on CCL in August.

I do prefer the bedspreads on the Fantasy, don't you? But I love seeing that glass "flower" in the atrium again. But I missed Parrot Cay on the Fantasy, and the silly "hats" they make from napkins. I guess I missed the overall interaction with the servers on the Fantasy.

I can hardly wait for the rest of your review.

DCL tops CCL in the dessert department hands down! I did not even eat desserts on the buffet on CCL in August.

I do prefer the bedspreads on the Fantasy, don't you? But I love seeing that glass "flower" in the atrium again. But I missed Parrot Cay on the Fantasy, and the silly "hats" they make from napkins. I guess I missed the overall interaction with the servers on the Fantasy.

I can hardly wait for the rest of your review.

Yes...I sure didn't want in the dessert department too often. And yes, I prefer the bedding on the Dream and Fantasy. Much more modern looking. I actually think the Magic ones are almost ugly. Though no cruise line has great bedspreads, some are upgrading to nicer stuff.

I got up earlier than planned today, so I did a quick installment.

After the fiasco with the overloaded elevator, Lisa and I cautiously got on the next one that came. All was fine. We didn’t set off any alarms this time.

We headed up to deck 9 and got our first glimpse of the outdoor area.

I have to admit….I only took a few pictures for now…but have many more later.

pool1.jpg

adultpool1.jpg

adultpool2.jpg

And we headed into the Vista Spa and found the rest of our gang there too.

vistaspasign.jpg

It is really a beautiful spa. I was impressed. It wasn’t as beautiful as the Dreams, but darn close.

vistaspa1.jpg

vistaspa2.jpg

vistaspa3.jpg

vistaspa4.jpg

We all signed up for the drawing that was gonna take place at 3 PM. They were going to give away several different things and though I am not really a spa kind of gal….I would take anything for free. LOL

vistaspa5.jpg

We proceeded to walk down the hallway to take a look and get some pictures.

vistaspa6.jpg

vistaspa7.jpg

The rooms all looked so nice.

vistaspa8.jpg

vistaspa9.jpg

Another complaint. …. This hot tub was not very pretty. This is Disney and they need to put some kind of nice covering around the sides of it. This looked kind of disgusting and falling apart. I surely didn’t expect to see that.

vistaspa10.jpg

vistaspa11.jpg

vistaspa12.jpg

vistaspa13.jpg

vistaspa14.jpg

At the end of the hallway, all the way to the front of the ship is the gym.

gym1.jpg

gym2.jpg

gym3.jpg

One of the instructors asked if we would like a picture together.

We all made our strong look and posed.

tuffgirls.jpg

Shelly is not in that picture…not sure where she had roamed off to at the moment.

gym4.jpg

The instructor was from Austria. I couldn’t help but think of the Saturday Night Live skit with Hans and Frans. This guy sounded just like them and he was ready to “pump you up”!

Some of the gals looked at a few classes, like detoxing, etc. I skimmed it, but I didn’t want to comment just yet to anything. I wanted to think over exactly what I wanted to do and I didn’t want to sign up and then not show up.

While he talked, I took some pictures out the front window of the ship.

This is the crew pool….which was almost never used. Even our waiter made a comment one night that no one ever uses it as they just don’t have much time to. On a side note…one afternoon Lisa was watching the camera on TV that shows the front of the ship. She was all excited to see a couple of people out on that deck. It was kind of twilight out and the camera doesn’t capture it great, but I swear there was a girl and 2 guys…and though I am sure this “wasn’t” going on…it almost looked like there was some sort of standing threesome going on. Lisa was cracking up so much. She kept saying to me…”look now…..what do you think that looks like?”

crewpool1.jpg

Archived