I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

We did lots of waving!

galveston5.jpg

You passed by the USS Fort Worth, LCS-3 on the day of her commissioning. She was commissioned in Galveston on 9/22/12. Notice the extra fancy bunting on her rails.

I hope that the Magic gave her an extra big horn salute.

You passed by the USS Fort Worth, LCS-3 on the day of her commissioning. She was commissioned in Galveston on 9/22/12. Notice the extra fancy bunting on her rails.

Thanks Host Mick, I was wondering which ship that was.

Great update! The most exciting thing is when you leave the dock and actually feel yourself moving! Love that feeling! :D

Ye sit is. There is no going back at that point. you really are on vacation now!

I'm loving your review! Your pictures are awesome!! :)

Thank you so much. I like to help others, plus relive my own memories.

Woo Hoo...we left the dock! Let the vacation begin!!

:D

Yes. We knew some people who went there early that morning, then boarde the magic too. They had a really long day. That was one reason we went early. Tehre was a ton of stuff going on in the area and we weren't sure how the traffic situations would be. But we were perfectly fine ....except going down the wrong way on one ways roads here and there. :rolleyes:

Thanks Host Mick, I was wondering which ship that was.

He knows his stuff! ;)

Is your review in this thread exactly the same as your one on the DIS board? It's easier for me to follow it here - that's why I am asking. GREAT photos!!!

Yes it is. I write it all out in word and then just copy it all to post on the different forums I am on.

Lumiere’s was our restaurant for tonight.

I will forewarn you now the lighting is bad and my pictures are not that good.

I believe our table number was 41 and we checked in and were led to it. Mary’s gang was there and I think Brook, Carolyn and gang followed us in.

l1.jpg

We all introduced ourselves to Mary’s friends, Chris, Erin, and Julie, and then set to the task of figuring out what to eat.

I took pictures of the menus…they are horrid, but here they are.

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

We started out with some bread that was very good.

l4.jpg

I think this was an olive spread. It was good, but not great, but I am not a fan of olives. I can eat some olive spreads, and like I said, this was good, but if I liked olives it probably would’ve been better to me.

l5.jpg

I tried to get a few shots around the restaurant, but I failed miserably and that is one regret I have.

l6.jpg

l7.jpg

l8.jpg

For appetizers I ordered the Chilled Jumbo Shrimp

White and Green Asparagus, Micro Greens and Lemon-Dill Dressing with Horseradish Cream

l9.jpg

I think Lisa ordered this too. It was very good.

I also got "Gaston's" Escargots Gratinés

Herb-marinated Snails with Finely Chopped Mushrooms, topped with Garlic Butter.

l10.jpg

I am not sure if Lisa ordered a 2nd appetizer or not. If so, I did not get a picture.

For entree’s, we really had a hard time deciding. There were a couple of things I wanted to try, and same with Lisa. We decided we would order 3 between us and share all 3.

I ordered the Lumiere's Seared Sea Bass

With a Mushroom Herb Risotto, Sweet Onion Marmalade, and garnished with a Potato Crisp.

l11.jpg

This was very good. I thought the fish might be a little too fishy though. Not bad, but it wasn’t perfect to me. We both ate it though and enjoyed it.

Lisa ordered the Three-Cheese Lobster Macaroni

Lobster Meat, Gruyère, and Cheddar Cheese Sauce tossed with Tubular Pasta and topped with a Parmesan Wafer.

l12.jpg

This was excellent. I actually liked it better than the fish.

We also ordered the Crispy Roasted Duck Breast

With Braised Napa Cabbage and Potato Cake, with Pomegranate Jus.

l13.jpg

Well there was nothing crispy about this duck. It was very fatty and not good at all. Lisa took one bite and spit it back in her napkin. That should tell you something, because her husband is a duck hunter. I think they eat duck here and there if I remember right. She was not impressed at all.

I took a bite and it was fatty, but I got it down. I tried another bite, digging into it to find the meat. It was just OK. So I tried a third and it was yuck. That plate got pushed to the side. We found out that we do not like duck, or at least duck this way.

During dinner we all talked. We really didn’t talk as much to Mary and her group. Not that we were being rude, it was just that with 10 people at a table it’s hard to talk to everyone, and they all seemed to be in conversation about something.

Chris kept making comments about the ship movement. Up till that point I had felt basically nothing. Now I felt it slightly, but not bad at all. Most of us agreed that we couldn’t feel much. I am not sure if it was the bonine Lisa and I took, or if it really was just that great. I will say we really had very calm seas most of the trip.

While eating and chatting we looked out the window we were sitting by. Our window looked out to the Atrium and guess who we saw?

cowboygoofy.jpg

Cowboy Goofy.

I loved his costume! For the most part, I did not do any official character meets this cruise, though looking back I kind of wish I did do some. I just wasn’t in the mood to wait in line for any on this trip. I do have a few character pictures, but more on that later ……

Time for dessert now. Here are the menus. Again, really horribly shots.

l14.jpg

l15.jpg

Lisa ordered the Lumiere's Sweet Temptations

A Trio of Crème Brûlée, Chocolate Mousse and Praline Petite Choux.

l11.jpg

She liked it. She never had Cream Brulee before if I remember right. She loved the chocolate Mousse, but said she could’ve done without the sauce on top.

I had the Grand Marnier Soufflé

With Vanilla Sauce.

l17.jpg

YUM! I LOVE this stuff. I am going to let you in on something …we went to Palo later in the week and I got the chocolate soufflé there. This was just as good. I did not think Palo’s soufflé was any better than this little bugger.

I also got the Chocolate Mousse

With Brandy-marinated Cherries.

l18.jpg

Again, this was really good, but I agreed with Lisa, I would rather have it without the cherry sauce.

Before we left dinner I did go and take one more picture before I left.

l19.jpg

We then headed out. I think Lisa was feeling tired, and bloated and just very full and decided to go to bed. I told her I wanted to explore just a bit more.

bwcaptnmickey.jpg

At some point I went and put gift cards on my account, this might’ve been when I did it.

guestservices.jpg

I wanted to go up top and look at the ship lit up.

3midship.jpg

Warning, moving ship at night ….very windy. If you are wearing a dress or skirt …wear shorts under them. Luckily I was, or several people would have gotten a very unpleasant view.

nightship1.jpg

I really enjoyed the lit up ship. Just beautiful ….BUT I think the Dream is prettier. If I remember right, it had more stuff lit up and it stayed lit for a longer time. I think all night long, while I noticed on early mornings that the Magic normally wasn’t lit up still.

nigthship6.jpg

nightship7.jpg

nightship8.jpg

nightship9.jpg

They did a lot of painting and repairs daily and you would see signs like this around after they were done, or the area roped off.

careful.jpg

nightship10.jpg

fishyartwork.jpg

I made a potty stop and since I was alone in there, I took a few shots.

bathroom1.jpg

bathroom2.jpg

Most of the public bathrooms looked like this on the Magic. On the Dream I think every bathroom was different. I thought these were nice, but I liked having different ones on the Dream..

I headed towards the shops.

shops20.jpg

shops21.jpg

shops22.jpg

I ran into Brook and Carolyn in there.

shops23.jpg

shops24.jpg

shops25.jpg

They were going to head to deck 4 to take a walk so I joined them.

We went out to deck 4 and began our walking. I couldn’t really go too fast because I had on girly sandals. If you know me, you know I have awful feet and they hurt with just about any shoe, but a few tennis shoes.

deck42.jpg

Deck 4 is just beautiful and peaceful. The Titanic deck as I refer to it.

This is also the running track deck. We went with the flow, and yes, there were some joggers out this night, and soon we came upon this at the front of the ship.

anchorroom1.jpg

We were so excited. We never knew this area existed. It was like a jackpot for a Disney Geek.

Who knew this room existed? I swear I have never seen pictures of it before anywhere either.

So I took a couple of shots of what I call the anchor room. The jogging path goes right through it.

anchorroom2.jpg

apkitchen2.jpg

We walked and talked and it was just so nice. If you have cruised before you know the wonderful sound of the hum of the ship and the water sloshing around. I need a sound machine with that sound.

I mentioned that I wasn’t sure how Lisa was enjoying the cruise. She isn’t one to show lots of emotion and though I thought she was having a good time, I wasn’t positive. There was an incident many years ago with Lisa when she traveled with someone else and she said it was awful. She would lock herself in the hotel bathroom and call her husband, trying to figure out a way to get home, or spend time without this other person. I was hoping she wasn’t having these same sorts of feelings.

magictube.jpg

A blurry shot of the Titanic Deck.

deck43.jpg

In case you are interested, here is the info on the distance for walking/jogging this deck.

joggingtracksign1.jpg

It was time for me to head back in. I think Carolyn and Brook did too. I think it was just a little after 11 now.

I guess somewhere along the line I walked past the laundry room because those are my last pictures of the night.

laundryroom1.jpg

laundryroom2.jpg

I do believe Lisa was sleeping when I got back. I think she did wake up and tell me there was an irritating noise so she had turned the TV on to block it. And there was. We never figured out what it was, but it came from the ceiling right by the sliding door to the balcony. It kind of sounded like a bit of static or popping of some sort between the floors in the vents. It wasn’t bad, but when sleeping it could be annoying at times.

I got ready for bed and worried I wouldn’t sleep. I have such anxiety on vacation that sleeping is very hard for me. But I did drift off and was woke up by Lisa making her way to the bathroom and she had ran into my bed. LOL

The rest of the night was good until I rolled over against the wall my bed was against and hit the light switch on accident and we got a bright awakening then too. But I quickly turned them off and back to dream land we went.

Yay!! I loved your last review and I'm so excited to read this one.

I was on the NY inaugural cruise in May and I LOVED the Magic. I am looking forward to seeing all of your pictures.

I loved Peter too. The whole entertainment staff was fabulous.

Just so you know were were only adults too!

Archived