Coca Cola Freestyle on Freedom

It has been mentioned many times on this board and gone back and forth on whether Freedom had the Coca Cola Freestyle machines yet. I can confirm that starting with the cruise today they are working on the Freedom. They begin installing them last Tuesday, and turned them on this morning (Sunday). They would not work from the cups from this week, but I'm assuming they will work on the cruise that just departed.

They have chosen excellent locations. There are 2 machines located on each side of Jade, and there are 2 machines at Sorrentos Pizza on the Royal Promenade. As of this morning, there was the standard 6 nozzle soda fountain on the pool deck. Here is a picture of them being installed.

170297023_Cruise2012204.jpg.38cd53ff107372a936807e1b2fadfde2.jpg

It has been mentioned many times on this board and gone back and forth on whether Freedom had the Coca Cola Freestyle machines yet. I can confirm that starting with the cruise today they are working on the Freedom. They begin installing them last Tuesday, and turned them on this morning (Sunday). They would not work from the cups from this week, but I'm assuming they will work on the cruise that just departed.

They have chosen excellent locations. There are 2 machines located on each side of Jade, and there are 2 machines at Sorrentos Pizza on the Royal Promenade. As of this morning, there was the standard 6 nozzle soda fountain on the pool deck. Here is a picture of them being installed.

Curious, are they still just Coke and Sprite?

Clay

I'm sure they do on land.

Up until now no cruise I have been on offered more than Coke and Sprite. If they offer the full drink package, I will in a heart beat, buy the soda package.

Clay

They function the same as on land, the only difference is that you must have the RFID cup. I saw someone use this weeks cup, and the screen said "Invalid Cup"

I'm sure they do on land.

Up until now no cruise I have been on offered more than Coke and Sprite. If they offer the full drink package, I will in a heart beat, buy the soda package.

Clay

We just got off the Oasis with the new Freestyle Coke machines. They had many different kinds of soda available, and each kind of soda had many different varieties. It was great having so many options. I am a diet soda drinker and it was great to have choices other than just plain diet coke or sprite. My personal favorite was diet vanilla rootbeer. DH liked the cherry vanilla diet coke. The machines really were great!

We just got off the Oasis with the new Freestyle Coke machines. They had many different kinds of soda available, and each kind of soda had many different varieties. It was great having so many options. I am a diet soda drinker and it was great to have choices other than just plain diet coke or sprite. My personal favorite was diet vanilla rootbeer. DH liked the cherry vanilla diet coke. The machines really were great!

Okay, RCL just got some more of my money. Well played RCL, well played.......

Sweet! So Oasis does have them now?! 13 days and counting and I'll be in Peach Fanta Zero Heaven! :-)

They function the same as on land, the only difference is that you must have the RFID cup. I saw someone use this weeks cup, and the screen said "Invalid Cup"

That may have been me or my friend. We got our cups in the cabin, but they wouldn't work in the Freestyle machine. We swapped our cups out with the ones being sold on the tables on deck 4 and those worked well.

I love having the Freestyle machines on here and feel very fortunate that we're the first full voyage to use them.

Do they have strawberry, orange, grape and a punch flavor?

Are you talking about added flavors? Or soda flavors.

Coke Free Style machines come with every HiC and Fanta soda flavors. The ones on RCCL should be no excpetion. If they are full Free Style machines the only question on flavors is, does it have Mr Pibb or Dr Pepper. They can have both, but on land, its usually one or the other depending on region. And the really comes down to what regions Coke distributes Dr Pepper. Free style machines in places where Pepsi distributes Dr Pepper do not have Dr Pepper.

No one whos used the Free Style machines aboard RCCL has ever answered my Dr Pepper/Mr Pibb question.

Are you talking about added flavors? Or soda flavors.

Coke Free Style machines come with every HiC and Fanta soda flavors. The ones on RCCL should be no excpetion. If they are full Free Style machines the only question on flavors is, does it have Mr Pibb or Dr Pepper. They can have both, but on land, its usually one or the other depending on region. And the really comes down to what regions Coke distributes Dr Pepper. Free style machines in places where Pepsi distributes Dr Pepper do not have Dr Pepper.

No one whos used the Free Style machines aboard RCCL has ever answered my Dr Pepper/Mr Pibb question.

I don't cruise until November, but after I do, I will let you know if the Oasis machines had Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb or both! To quote the most interesting man in the world, "I don't always drink soda, but when I do, I prefer Dr. Pepper." ;)

Do u have to have to pay to use the machine? Can u use it if u have the soda package? Also does anybody know where on the allure the machines are?

I can't answer about the Allure, but you do have to have a soda package to use the machines. They aren't available à la carte.

Does anyone besides me think it's a pain to have to carry the soda cup around all day in order to use the machines? :rolleyes:

I agree with you. I would be constantly asking my kids "got your cup" and of course one with blame the other for loosing it....

I will not be purchasing the package, but I promise I will video the machine with my new camera and post the link to it. And will try to get the Pibb question answered.

My other mission is to film the dart board alley in the pub, finally get that question answered....any more?

Archived