birthday, anniversary pkgs, offered by cruise lines

O.G.

my daughter and friend are leaving on a cruise in June and I thought of logging on to the cruise line and sending them shrimp cocktail, or strawberries etc to be enjoyed in the cabin their first night. my question is "would they be able to just order this from room service anyway and it would just be included in the price of the cruise? I've read that you can ask for anything in your room and they will bring it so then it doesn't seem to make sense to pay for this service. Please advise

Don't know about the food items, but I do know that I have contacted the line I am sailing with about a "birthday package". Our cabin will be decorated with balloons, streamers, and a cake, on our arrival - all for a decent price of around $30.00. It is my son's 16th birthday, which is the whole reason for the cruise to begin with. It is my birthday present to him. I also know that my TA has contacted the line and the line has assured the TA,who passed the information along to me, that "something special" will take place too. Chances are that just includes a tour of the ship, or something similar, but hey!!!, it sure beats a party at my house with 50 screaming teenagers dragging dirt thru my kitchen!!!!

Happy 16th Birthday to my kid!!!!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;05;06;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

My husband and I just returned from Western Caribbean. One evening, we had chocolate covered strawberries in our room as a surprise gift from a friend. It was memorable. The strawberries were excellent, we didn't see them on any menues, and the surprise just added to it. Shrimp cocktail is available on the dinner menu every evening. In addition to food, the balloons also look special on cabin doors.

My daughter and my motherinlaw bought us an anniversary package from Princess. We got two roses, a bottle of champagne, canapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a framed 8 by 10 photograph.

I don't like champagne-the canapes had cavier on them which I hate (guess I got beer taste not champagne taste) I did like the strawberries but as you said they can be ordered from room service. The roses were nice-what I really liked was the framed matted photograph. I am just not sure if it was worth what it cost-especially since some of the things I did not care for. I did think the gesture was nice of them though. I just hated they spent like a $100 for this when it was something I did not care for except for the framed matted photograph.

Carnival Tropicale 10/15/98 Western Caribbean
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/22/99 Bahamas
Carnival Fascination 09/23/00 Southern caribbean
HAL Statendam 05/20/01 Alaska
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/08/01 Bahamas
Pacific Princess 09/29/02 Bermuda
Carnival Inspiration 12/14/03 Western caribbean
Carnival Miracle 04/09/04 Bahamas

What cruise lines is your daughter sailing?

I wouldnt get food as she can get the stuff from room service for free as you stated. But there is decorations/ carnival offers drink coupons/ even flowers.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

Archived