Port Everglades departure pictures, Carnival Freedom, Princes coral & Allure OTS

gambee

One more query. :-)

I never took notice before....but does the Allure not have outside access (like a promenade deck) below the top deck? Looks like the only way to look port or starboard is to be in a balcony or at the top of the ship.

TIA!

GREAT PIX!! If I lived near a port I would go and watch the ships leave too!! Since I do not live any where near a port....I resort to watching from my lap top!! My husband just smiles as he walks by...;)

Sounds like my BF, he just walks by and says "again?"

Thank you for the pictures. Really interesting to see ships leave from this angle !

But, what is a " hot dog" by a coast guard boat?

To be honest with you, I am not truly sure my self, but I assumed it was the maneuvering it was doing next to the ship. It looked very very cool, wish I got the video of it, maybe next time.

Awesome pictures, I live near Dania Beach and never ever thought to go out there to watch cruise ships, I am usually plane watching at FLL :) I will have to go there this Sunday as we sail next weekend!!! It will get me in we have to pack for that mood!!!

This is a great way to get pumped, I love going there. The adrenaline rush you feel is the greatest thing, I am sure you will enjoy it, they are so massive. Have fun on your cruise!

Cool pics. Have to ask....what is the cat on the front of the CG boat holding? Is that actually a machine gun, a harpoon, something else????

I could be wrong here since my knowledge about guns is ZERO, but another member in the RCCL section said it was a M-60 machine gun. All I know is that it looked very intimidating.:eek:

One more query. :-)

I never took notice before....but does the Allure not have outside access (like a promenade deck) below the top deck? Looks like the only way to look port or starboard is to be in a balcony or at the top of the ship.

TIA!

Yes she does but its somewhat limited. On deck 5 there is a running track and you have a view of the ocean. here are a few closeups and a video I found on utube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLQYMmeU7bE

DSC04173_zps5176a2fa.jpg

DSC04185_zps2ba6adbc.jpg

I would love to tour the Allure, but I don't think I would ever want to cruise on her. Looks too closed in.

Definitely a lot of people complain that you dont feel in a ship, most of their dinning venues don't even have an ocean view. I guess it's not for everyone. That is one of the reasons why I decided to spend a little more and get an ocean view balcony.

Fantastic Pictures!!...The allure amazes me if only it was part of my budget..ugghhh

Thanks. Yeah I know unfortunately the fares are more expensive, I guess it something that comes along with the largest cruise at sea.

Quick question for the locals or anyone who has experience with this port. Is there anywhere near by (walking distance) for purchasing soda's before we board?

Sodas near the port? not really. Maybe walking distance from your hotel, depends where you're staying.

I would love to tour the Allure, but I don't think I would ever want to cruise on her. Looks too closed in.

We seriously thought of booking Oasis, but its so expensive and that ship in my opinion is for people that don't want to feel like they are on a ship. I don't need a mall, rock wall, or ice show to have a good time.

So glad we booked the Breeze and then the Liberty. :D

Thanks for posting your pics..... i love watching the ships leave port every week.....

i cant wait till my cruise....i will be there a day early to experience watching the ships go out.....

Thanks again.

No problem, my pleasure. Glad you enjoyed

[quote name='Publius1787']Awesome pics! We are in 2 of the pics on the Freedom! We had the 6th floor Aft Wrap and I can see the 5 of us waving and having a blast! It sucks being back home :([/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w130/fet123/DSC04107_zpsfeb2bf62.jpg[/IMG]

you guys had some nasty weather leaving port, I noticed the captain had to correct the heading to avoid that storm.

[quote name='Publius1787']Wow, that is the 5 of us! It was a bit rainy for the first few hours, but it turned into one of the smoothest cruises I've been on. It was very hot once we hit Key West and through the rest of the week.[/QUOTE]

My friend was in key west the next day and the weather looked incredible, she actually took a picture of herself in front of the ****. It was just that leaving port that looked horrible. Glad you had fun.

[quote name='gambee']So even though the weather was pretty nasty today I decided to take mom out to Dania beach and see some ships depart port.

We got there a little late and we thought we would miss the freedom leaving port, but fortunately for us the weather was very nasty and that delayed all the itineraries :D

The entire process was a pain, covering the camera and such, but overall I had a great time as I always do. I want to note the Carnival ship was by far the one with the most energy, I get a kick waving to people and just seeing how much fun they are having. The princes ship was flat out dead, it seemed like a funeral was going on board :rolleyes: lol and the Allure was somewhere in the middle of the two.

[IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w130/fet123/DSC04007-Edit_zpsf9b6f1e2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w130/fet123/DSC04011-Edit_zpse822ef57.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I was on Freedom, on the top deck, waving like a spaz! LOL I was beyond excited.

And we were actually delayed due to medical emergency. Someone was taken off on a stretcher and left in an ambulance.

[quote name='sweetcurves']I was on Freedom, on the top deck, waving like a spaz! LOL I was beyond excited.

And we were actually delayed due to medical emergency. Someone was taken off on a stretcher and left in an ambulance.[/QUOTE]

Oh that explains the delay, I was wondering what was going on.

Archived