Bangkok - Patpong

weliketocruise86

I took my wife to one of the clubs in Patpong, an intriguing area because it is part of the legitimate financial center in the daytime and red-light district at night.

My inspiration came from Paul Theroux's book The Great Railway Bazaar. He took trains in various parts of the globe. When he got to Vietiane, Laos, he went to a venue where a woman performed the most exotic things possible. Such as smoke rings.

Hotdamn, I said, when I read the book. Since we weren't going to be in Laos, I decided to see what Patpong offered. Smoke rings, shooting bananas and the opening of a crown-corked Coke bottle. Such talent!

We'll be in Thailand the night of Nov. 27. This time we'll just go to Pattaya, 20 minutes from the port and three hours from Bangkok. We've been there before. We booked a hotel with a nice, big pool and will see how the place, now a condominium canyon, has developed esthetically.

hello weliketocruise86,

yeah been there on a couple of accassions,once with a mate of mine,(no we didn't get up to anything) and i have also taken my wife there for a look.

my mate was impressed, my wife not, me i wouldn't go back.

its safe, but watch for pick pockets and scams,and use common sense and you will be o.k.by all means go for a look,there are markets ,and drink bars etc.

regards, noel.

It actually looks more seedy (which you wouldn't think possible) during daylight. We live in Asia. Not phased easily. I wanted to go there one night for the night market to get a fake somethingorother for a colleague. My husband nearly hit a p!mp who wouldn't lay off with offers of 'pussy ping pong', this, that and the other. If you've never been to Asia and you want to see exploitation and dross I guess it's a must do. If not, it's very missable.

1. Temples;

2. The river. Take one of the ferries locals use and sample neighorhoods;

3. Patpong, or Sukhumvit, other sin sois (alleys), or Soi Cowboy. Yes, you may view this as farangs (foreigners) and locals exploiting women, except that high-class Thai women have their own places where they exploit willing men by paying them for fun, knowing their husbands/boyfriends have fun too.

The larger point is this: Whatever Buddhists believe is sinful, it's not sex. Instead, not fulfilling familial obligations is sinful. Thus countryside parents sell their daughters to sinbins, expecting the daughers to live frugally and send their earnings to suppor the extended family.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone prepared to admit doing so? ;)

Been many times,there is a big night market that through Patpong.

There are a few bars that are open at the front and many couples sit there Having drinks, They are expensive though!

If you want seedy though Visit Soi Nana plaza or soi Cowboy on Sukamvit road BKK:eek:

Den

Archived