How much to pack for a 12 day cruise?

snshn3

We are planning a 12 day Mediterranean cruise along with a few days in Spain. I am hoping to pack everything on a carry-on luggage and do as little laundry (if any) as possible while on vacation as well.

Do you think this is doable?

Brilliance of the Seas, RCCL 6/17/05 - Mediterranean

Enchantment of the Seas, RCCL, 11/01 - Eastern Caribbean

Tropicale, Carnival 08/99 - Western Caribbean

It wouldn't be for me, but that's a personal preference. I like fresh socks and underwear every day, and in warm climates, a fresh shirt. Although I am willing to wear dinner outfits more than once, I would still want to bring several.

If it was a Caribbean cruise I would say it would be tight but doable, for a Med cruise I say no way. Europe is more formal than Alaska or Caribbean, you can't enter many churches unless your shoulders are covered( no tank tops or sleeveless sundresses, take a shawl or sweater)And walking around in shorts and flip flops in places like Rome is tacky, and marks you as a tourist!!In the caribbean this is fine.

Your number one absolute is GOOD walking shoes, those cobble stones are murder on feet and shoes, forget the strappy sandals, invest in something that is both practical and decent looking. Sneakers say " tourist" , if you don't believe me . look around when you get there.

I agree that two carry ons and a medium would work better. The formal outfits alone can take alot of room, my husbands feet are size 13 so his dress shoes are half a suitcase!!! LOL

Better yet bring one caarry one( make hubby carry it!) and one large suitcase , you'll still have your purse for your medications, hubby can carry camera, and jewls( don't bring them is my opinion anyways) .One large bag isn't too hard to handle , just have tip money ready for airport porters and those carts.

Archived