Liberty cabin 1700?

dennman03

New member, first time cruiser coming in 2013 for my 50th B-day!

In selecting a cabin on Liberty of the Seas, I had read that cabin 1700 is considered prime real estate and I should jump on it. Any input on this? It appears to be a different shape from the standard balcony room.

The "aft" cabins have much deeper balconies than the cabins on the side of the ship. That particular cabin is wider than a normal D catagory cabin...many say it's the size of a JS (but it won't have the tub or other JS amenities)...so feel good about your choice.

If you don't need or want the larger balcony, then something nearer the stairs and elevators will be oh, so convenient! That's our preferred location. We tend to go back and forth to the cabin multiple times during the day, and not having to traverse that incredibly long hall is very nice!

• 2 weeks later...

We had this cabin this past week out of Barcelona. The room is a good size and the pole in the middle did not bother us because the tv pulls out and adjusts. We loved having the extra room in this cabin.

It was disappointing that we only had 2 small chairs on the balcony. No table or no lounge chairs. I asked our room steward and she did look into it but we never did get a table or lounge chair. The balcony next to us had 2 small chairs, a table and two lounge chairs so I know I wasn't asking for something that normally isn't there. Needless to say we didn't have breakfast out on the balcony but it certainly didn't make or break our cruise. :)

Archived