Early Saver adjustment/Pack N Go rate

Fireopal36

I booked a cruise on the Inspiration for Nov this year at the "Early Saver" rate. Was inside but got past-guest free "upgrade" to porthole (which DH is excited about, as we've only done inside and balcony before)

I just checked and they have the Pack N Go rate that is $60 cheaper but it appears that Carnival chooses your room.

If I submit the price protection claim form, will they move our cabin?? I would love having more OBC, but not if they move us to a different interior room! (NOT porthole?)

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

there was a thread on here a while back where someone had booked a gte and after their cabin was assigned they put in for an ES credit because price dropped and they got their cabin re-assigned and they were not happy. So if you REALLY like where you are, i would not risk it.

I booked a cruise on the Inspiration for Nov this year at the "Early Saver" rate. Was inside but got past-guest free "upgrade" to porthole (which DH is excited about, as we've only done inside and balcony before)

I just checked and they have the Pack N Go rate that is $60 cheaper but it appears that Carnival chooses your room.

If I submit the price protection claim form, will they move our cabin?? I would love having more OBC, but not if they move us to a different interior room! (NOT porthole?)

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Yes, you would have to give up your cabin assignment and go with the guarantee. I know this as on our recent Dream cruise which we booked ES there was a lower rate become available under the Military Discount for our cabin category about 6 weeks before sailing but I would have had to give up my cabin....and we were grouped with the rest of our family so didn't want to change.

port holes are a downgrade from regular inside cabins.. not a upgrade. they used to be 5A and a upgrade, now they are PTs.

I had a port hole and gave it up .. but it was a 1A port hole..so the IS was a upgrade. They took away my cabin and put me into the gty pool.

If you are a 1A its a upgrade to IS, if you are a PT, then its a downgrade to the IS gty.

They will probably allow you to give up your cabin and downgrade to the gty if you really want to .. to get the $60

Its up to you .. they moved me. I was willing to give up my cabin.. you need to decide. its unlikely you would get to keep your cabin.. but its happened.

sounds like a case of wanting your cake and eating it too in effect.. you dont want to downgrade to the lower category IS gty .. you want to keep your cabin.. but get the price for a lower category price match?

Archived