Girl's Thread :) Single women, on which ship and when are you going?

Ajkcruiser

Hi all - Single mom here (45 years young - well I will have just turned 46 when my cruise starts) Just booked the Carnival Breeze 8 day for 05/23/15 - Bringing my two boys with me one is 16 the other is 7. My oldest has informed me that he will be insisting that I have at least 2 nights to myself where he will be taking care of the younger kiddo and letting mom go and have some adult time - anyone else going on this cruise?

I am thinking of going on my first singles cruise in June. None of my friends can go, so I thought I would try a hosted cruise where they will match you up with a roommate (single gal on a budget!) The Carnival cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale is an 8 night cruise (which would be a first) which includes Puerto Rico - which would be another first for me. I only have one left in high school and he is going on a school trip, so time for mom to fly solo!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am thinking of going on my first singles cruise in June. None of my friends can go, so I thought I would try a hosted cruise where they will match you up with a roommate (single gal on a budget!) The Carnival cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale is an 8 night cruise (which would be a first) which includes Puerto Rico - which would be another first for me. I only have one left in high school and he is going on a school trip, so time for mom to fly solo!

I want to go on another cruise too, and none of my friends or family can go anytime soon. I may have to look into this. I never knew that they had hosted cruises where they match you up with a roommate. May be my only option. I like to cruise at least once a year

Lisa

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After having to cancel 2 cruises.... We are in for the journey of a life time ..... 30 days aboard the Costa Luminosa.... With 10 days Caribbean during March break and 20 days TA which has ports in The Spanish Riviera and Italy.....

Who wants to come????

AJ

AJ,

You sound very interesting! :)

e-mail me @ my screen name at hot mail

Regards,

Dana

• 2 weeks later...

Sailing solo for the first time - thank you ******* of a now ex-boyfriend! I'm a little nervous but I've been looking forward to this trip so long I couldn't cancel it. Any other solo birds on the Valor this coming Sunday?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sailing on my first cruise alone as none of my family and friends could go and I've always wanted to go to Alaska. I'm married and independent type, so I don't need to have my hand held, but my husband didn't want me going just alone on any cruise by myself. So I had to join a "group" to make him feel better about it.

It's a hosted trip, but not a match making romantic singles trip... just for those that are solo travelers that want to travel with like minded individuals.

We are sailing on the Crown Princess on August 15, 2015, and our group cruise has packaged the cruise with 3 shore excursions included so you aren't also in port all alone. Departs from Seattle, visiting Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway and Victoria. The excursions are Mendhall glacier visit and hike, Ketchikan Lumberjack show, Skagway historic downtown tour and shopping, and an optional trip in Victoria to Butchart Gardens for an additional cost.

The price was great even if I'm not matched, but definitely still paying almost double if I want a cabin to myself. So I put myself on the match list and hope that works out ok. Any tips for screening a match?

Any tips please im me.

I'm sailing on my first cruise alone as none of my family and friends could go and I've always wanted to go to Alaska. I'm married and independent type, so I don't need to have my hand held, but my husband didn't want me going just alone on any cruise by myself. So I had to join a "group" to make him feel better about it.

It's a hosted trip, but not a match making romantic singles trip... just for those that are solo travelers that want to travel with like minded individuals.

We are sailing on the Crown Princess on August 15, 2015, and our group cruise has packaged the cruise with 3 shore excursions included so you aren't also in port all alone. Departs from Seattle, visiting Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway and Victoria. The excursions are Mendhall glacier visit and hike, Ketchikan Lumberjack show, Skagway historic downtown tour and shopping, and an optional trip in Victoria to Butchart Gardens for an additional cost.

The price was great even if I'm not matched, but definitely still paying almost double if I want a cabin to myself. So I put myself on the match list and hope that works out ok. Any tips for screening a match?

Any tips please im me.

what place did you use to book your cruise? I've been looking for something with these services and all my friends cannot afford to cruise and I refuse to not cruise just because no one knows how to save money.

where did you find a hosted cruise? I'm looking for mid-late June also (anytime from June 20-28) and not many places will hook you up with a roommate to share costs.

• 2 months later...