will Ibe grandfathered into the loyalty program?

shadea

Does anyone have a spouse with a different level? DH has one more Carnival cruise than me and will turn platinum before me. I know Royal grandfathers the other spouse to the same level.

I called Carnival tonight and they said "no, the benefits are per person". I can't see them giving my husband priority boarding and not me? Anyone with any real experience with this?

Does anyone have a spouse with a different level? DH has one more Carnival cruise than me and will turn platinum before me. I know Royal grandfathers the other spouse to the same level.

I called Carnival tonight and they said "no, the benefits are per person". I can't see them giving my husband priority boarding and not me? Anyone with any real experience with this?

Since you are married I am assuming you are in the same cabin. If so you will get priority boarding. Everyone in the cabin with a platinum passenger gets the priority boarding. Now you won't get most of the other benefits. You will have priority dining reservations since you will be eating together.

Sharon

It is not really much of a problem, AZEmom. I have been in the same situation for the last two cruises while DW was platinum and I was still gold. By being on the same reservation and in the same cabin you will both get priority embarcation with VIP luggage tags, priority debarcation, priority tendering, and priority dining room reservations. You will not get free laundry but we have never used all three bags of laundry that one platinum card will get you. The only time I have wished that I had my own platinum card was when I went to Customer Service alone and could not justify getting in the priority line.

It is not really much of a problem, AZEmom. I have been in the same situation for the last two cruises while DW was platinum and I was still gold. By being on the same reservation and in the same cabin you will both get priority embarcation with VIP luggage tags, priority debarcation, priority tendering, and priority dining room reservations. You will not get free laundry but we have never used all three bags of laundry that one platinum card will get you. The only time I have wished that I had my own platinum card was when I went to Customer Service alone and could not justify getting in the priority line.

Thanks to you both for your replies!

Archived