Best Travel Agent For Cruise

I'm new to cruising and have used Dreams Unlimited for my upcoming Disney Cruise. I believe they only book Disney Cruises so am looking for a great travel agent/agency for my planned June 2005 Alaska cruise on RCI Vision of the Seas. I just did a courtesy book on their site but expect I can get it more cheaply through a Travel Agent. I compared the same cruise, same stateroom, for this June and that one is 1500.00 cheaper - I can't imagine it would cost that much more a year from now when the cruise isn't fully booked.

Hello travellady,

welcome to this Cruise Critic board and to the world of crusing, which so many of us enjoy.

"The Best Travel Agent" will be someone that you can trust and depend on. Many of us have been booking with so many differnt Travel Agents (just look at some of the many postings in the past) and many of us will tell you that this or that particular agency is the best....but who knows, which one is the best. And: what is the best??? the cheapest price? the one that is always there if you need them?

I have booked the last two cruises with an agency that was advertising on this board (Cruise Club of America) and I have been happy with them but are they the best? who knows?

This board does not allow any specific recommendation of a particular agent in order to be fair to all of the agents and their agencies but just look around and read some of the advertisements placed on this Cruise Critic board as well as other cruisers comments and you will find someone who is going to be the 'best' for your interests and requirements.

As far as booking directly with the cruise lines, there are different opinions from many cruisers: some like that idea because they are their own agents and can deal with the cruise company directly (asking questions, making changes and so on) other prefer the Travel Agent to do all of that for them (and the price can be a little 'less' than direct booking.

Enjoy your cruise.

Wes

You can book with any agent..and if you see it cheaper elsewhere you can transfer the booking.(as long as final payment is not due.)

Tons of internet sites for you to check prices.

buycruises.com

icruises.com

travelocity.

expedia

orbitz

jsut to name a few. have fun searching/

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Archived