Fussy pop drinker - is the coke package worth it?

puzzums

we always purchase 2 soda cards...we both like our pop and don't need the caffene headache on vacation. Now if husband continues to lean toward ice tea like last one...we may be only 1 for ME! I really like my diet coke with fresh lemon at main diningroom and to me it is worth it cause I don't get to purchase that many lemons at home to expensive so it is a treat!

We did enjoy it in the main dining room and I don't understand why it was off the first night in there, but fine the rest of the nights.

probably the end of a tank, or the hose was dirty and needed a good flush the first night. or , if the hose was not properly attached,the pressure sucks and it goes off faster.

It's also possible that the gun needed a good washing down as the streams cross contaminated each other.

Ok, it's 2ppl in my party and we both are not big soda drinkers. Can we just get 1 sodacard to share between the two of us? How would this work in the MDR if we both want soda for the eve? It really would be a waste if we purchased 2.:confused::eek::(:confused:

officially NO.. it is one card person to avoid the exact scenario you are describing. they are NOT meant to be shared.

Not sure this answers your question but my wife and I don't drink enough soda to necessitate 2 packages. I bought the package on the last cruise and got the stamp on my card but gave her the mug. This worked great because there was a freestyle machine on the ship.

I would go to any bar and get a glass by showing my card and she would go to the machine. We both had as much as we could drink all day with the purchase of one package.

and that is against stated policy. the cards are NOT meant to be shared.

We each purchase a soda package. In the dining room, you are putting the waiters in a very tight spot. They are only supposed to bring coke, without a charge to the person holding the stamp on the soda card. While the waiters aim to please, it's not a shareable card. Also, for us, it just wouldn't be worth it to try hunting down the one with the card when we are near a bar, promenade cafe, out by the pool or wherever when I want a soft drink. We love being able to grab a soft drink at will. At home, I would never drink 3 per day, but when on a cruise, I NEED them more often. Maybe the heat, the additional snacks I eat or the pool, but I have never felt I was cheated or overcharged at the end of the cruise. I like grabbing a diet coke with the card as I head to my room for the night, or when going to get ready for dinner, after breakfast, etc. I am, after all, on vacation. :D

I must be the nut on here.

I actually prefer fountain diet coke over bottle.... dunno why but I do. Maybe because each one DOES taste a speck different.

I love the Freestyle coke machines too.... I'm either Diet Coke Orange or Sprite Zero Peach

Love Peach Sprite Zero, anyone know if the Coke freestyle is being put on Majesty of the SeaS?

You need to read the terms of your package.

This is called "stealing".

Thanks all for your input. Never thought of it in this light, cause as I stated we are not big soda/pop drinkers. We can certainly do without purchasing it since even between the two of us it would be a waste. Always glad to find the help/answers I need here on CC.

wait,, wha?! Peach sprite?! Tell me more please... we do NOT drink soda as a general rule but damn if that doesn't sound yummy.....

if you do not utilize the soda card is it possible to buy a single glass of this.. purely for taste testing purposes, of course.... ;)

wait,, wha?! Peach sprite?! Tell me more please... we do NOT drink soda as a general rule but damn if that doesn't sound yummy.....

if you do not utilize the soda card is it possible to buy a single glass of this.. purely for taste testing purposes, of course.... ;)

http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com

These machines are pretty neat... you pick your BASE first like coke, diet coke, sprite, etc. Then, you pick your SUBFLAVOR... vanilla, grape, peach strawberry, orange, etc.

Pretty neat technology. You can look at that website and they will tell you where they are in your area.

I was just on Freedom on the Oct 7 sailing, and the Freestyle machines were (usually) in operation. I must say that they do make it easier to get a soda, but with the downside that you have to carry the "thermos" with you. :) I usually get Coke Zero Vanilla, and the flavor was pretty consistent over the trip.

The problem with a Freestyle is that everything comes out of one final spigot into your cup: if the person in front of you had cherry something, you get a little cherry residue in your drink. Some you can taste, some you can't. With normal Freestyle machines you just "run the tap" a bit with your chosen beverage to clean that out, but with chip-reading machines, the cup must be on the pad before you can even choose a soda. It's not a huge problem, but if you're fussy... :)

Ice is easy to get. Actually if served in a can it usually comes with a glass of ice.

So true! I only like a little ice with my coke, not a glass full of ice and a dash of coke. I usually have to ask for a second, empty, glass, so that I can put just as much ice as I want into the coke.

No, the machine only operates by recognizing the RIFD chip that is embedded in the bottom of the "Coke Cup".

But go to the supermarket - they sell Fresca Peach. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No, the machine only operates by recognizing the RIFD chip that is embedded in the bottom of the "Coke Cup".

But go to the supermarket - they sell Fresca Peach. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well poopies. since we would never be able to justify a soda card. ah well.. I'll live.

As an interesting aside about Celebrity and its drink packages.... These cannot be purchased by just one person in a cabin. Everyone is the cabin must purchase whatever package. When you go to get a can of coke, they will only give you one at a time. I drink diet coke in the morning (holdover from college days - it was the only source of caffeine available in the dorm) and wanted to stock the fridge. I had to go from bar to bar to get one at a time to accomplish this. Even though I had an unlimited package, they wouldn't let us order them from room service without incurring an additional cost.

We will share a can of soda if and when we want one....one can yields 2 glasses with ice in them.....I believe 6 oz. is considered a "serving"....

I don't mind fountain soda at all, but there's no way we would drink enough to make the package worth it. There are plenty of other liquids to drink!

Finally! A thread full of people who get me. ;) I am also VERY picky about my Coke. I've been known to go to Wendy's to get my lunch, and then I go to McDonalds to get a Coke because Wendy's Coke doesn't taste right (and the Coke from McDonalds has a delightful crisp taste).

My partner works for coke, and they are very big on having their employees let bottling know if they ever experience 'off-tasting' coke. They will actually send out repairmen to confirm that the machine is in proper working order, syrup is right amount, carbonation is right amount, etc. Below is one of the links, you should let them know about your Wendys

https://secure.thecoca-colacompany.com/ssldocs/mail/eQuery_quality.shtml

As an interesting aside about Celebrity and its drink packages.... These cannot be purchased by just one person in a cabin. Everyone is the cabin must purchase whatever package. When you go to get a can of coke, they will only give you one at a time. I drink diet coke in the morning (holdover from college days - it was the only source of caffeine available in the dorm) and wanted to stock the fridge. I had to go from bar to bar to get one at a time to accomplish this. Even though I had an unlimited package, they wouldn't let us order them from room service without incurring an additional cost.

I think you misunderstood, or you have not expressed yourself clearly.

The drink package can certainly be purchased by just one person in the cabin, but it cannot be used for everyone in the cabin. One package is for one person. That person cannot buy drinks for other people with that package and cannot share that package with wife, husband, kids, whatever.

What you had to do is exactly what you should have had to do. They won't give you more than one drink at a time, because you can only drink one drink at a time.

http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com

These machines are pretty neat... you pick your BASE first like coke, diet coke, sprite, etc. Then, you pick your SUBFLAVOR... vanilla, grape, peach strawberry, orange, etc.

Pretty neat technology. You can look at that website and they will tell you where they are in your area.

are all freestyle machines like this(pick your base and then flavour?) and do most of them have a cherry?(i love cherry but so hard to find cherry flavour drinks in Australia)

Archived