Princess California Coastal Cruises: Art Auction Question

DocRock143

Hi all...I have enjoyed going to the Princess art auctions...if only to learn something and enjoy the spirit and passenger company....we can forgo the discussion whether or not such art purchases are a rip off or not!!

My question is, usually the art auctions are during days at sea. The Princess California Coastal cruises are pretty port intensive with no sea days.

Is there still an art auction? Does it occur in the evening?

Thanks for any responses!

Best,

Alan

Hi all...I have enjoyed going to the Princess art auctions...if only to learn something and enjoy the spirit and passenger company....we can forgo the discussion whether or not such art purchases are a rip off or not!!

My question is, usually the art auctions are during days at sea. The Princess California Coastal cruises are pretty port intensive with no sea days.

Best,

Alan

I've never seen an art auction in the evening, but only on sea days or at sea after leaving a port early (1-2 PM departure). Check your itinerary for departure times.

Best,

Alan

Which California Coastal cruise are you referring to? I was on a Princess California Coastal cruise in April of this year and there were two sea days. I didn't attend the art auction, so I can't comment on that. However, there were definitely two sea days and four ports.

Yes, that's the itinerary. Leave from LA; itinerary includes SF x 2 days, Cataline Island, San Diego, Ensenada, Santa Brbara...no sea days!

Every Princess cruise I have been on (7 - 10) days has had atleast two art auctions on the sea days. Guess they modify that for this particular California Coastal.

Best,

Alan

If it's in the evening, it's likely to be in the gallery. They still call it an auction, but a lot of those in gallery ones are more pick what you want to buy and pay the minimum, unless you actually catch someone else that wants the same piece standing near you.

Archived