Summer 2014 Itineraries

Seems a long way off yet, but I know that we all like to do a bit of forward planning, so thought I'd add this thread as some port schedules have started to update their lists for summer 2014 so we can get a general idea of what to expect and where the ships are sailing. :)

Thomson Spirit

Seems to be going to do the ex-UK cruises (no information yet on which ports it will depart from, Newcastle and Harwich again?). Norwegian cruise schedules has a ship of 33,933 GT booked from June to September 2014. Looks like a similar pattern of itineraries, but I can't find the dates for Fire & Ice as there seems to be a lot more Norwegian stops. Stops in Norway will include Flam, Skjolden, Eidfjord, Tromso, Bronnoysund, North Cape, Bergen, Olden, Ulvik, Kristiansund and Geirangerfjord.

Island Escape

Itineraries from Palma on Tuesday's from April to October 2014. Mostly 7 night itineraries, but it seems that they are also going to start 14 night itineraries. Looks like there are going to be 7 sailing dates for 14 night itineraries with three including stops in Gibraltar. Perhaps a 14 night itinerary to the Canary Islands, one with the Adriatic and one with Greek Isles? Also stops in Mahon, Menorca throughout the season.

Thomson Dream

Mostly, 7 night itineraries from Palma departing on Saturday's. However, looks like it could be quite an interesting season as it is doing cruises from Palma between 03 May till 21 June and then disappears until 06 September and continues from Palma till 01 Nov. So, for July and August, it looks like it is going somewhere else, splitting the season with the majority of it going from Palma, and then changing to somewhere else for the summer school holidays. No idea where, but will definitely look out for some more information on this to see if it appears anywhere else. Doubt it would be going in for a dry dock at the height of the summer season. Also, nothing booked for Gibraltar for the season, which would suggest that it won't be going west in July and August as it would most likely dock here, instead probably going east. Also, with no Gibraltar stops, it looks like it won't be doing the Moorish Delights itinerary in 2014, so perhaps one to look at for 2013. Of course, these schedules could change and be updated though. :)

Thomson Majesty

NO INFO AT PRESENT

Thomson Celebration

NO INFO AT PRESENT

Will keep this thread updated if I see anything else. There will probably be some mistakes in the cruise schedules as there usually is, so will wait and see if they are updated soon.

I think Kristiansund is a new one to thomson - and it's a great stop. We did an excursion to the Atlantic Highway and some island from there (with NCL). It was one of the most memorable ever - the excursion - not NCL!!!!! :rolleyes: Great area!

I think Kristiansund is a new one to thomson - and it's a great stop. We did an excursion to the Atlantic Highway and some island from there (with NCL). It was one of the most memorable ever - the excursion - not NCL!!!!! :rolleyes: Great area!

Currently down for 18 June Kristiansund, with a cruise including Flam, Bergen, North Cape and Bronnoysund. Unfortunately though, being June, it will probably be from Newcastle which I know isn't ideal for you is it. :(

Island Escape

The Palma schedules have been updated and the fourteen night itineraries have now gone. It is going to be docking every Tuesday from April to November. Valencia is returning for the Souks & Sangria itinerary, and there's a new port of Bastia in north east Corsica.

that link does not have any information on 2014 sailings:confused:

True but perhaps the poster has some further information given their location.

Mind, given Thomson's track record of changing ships perhaps we shouldn't put too much store by current info!! :D

I am still awaiting the winter 2013 brochures but have been having some tentative thoughts about summer 2014.

we will have to wait and see where Majesty is, or a replacement ship. Mean while i might branch out....Princess....RCI...Celebrity....HAL....NCL, the world is my oyster :D

Sailaway487.......Its Thomson Celebration who sailing Northern Europe 2014 :)

Thanks Galaxy! I remember, before I joined this forum (when I used to check it for any information!), that you posted when you first heard about Thomson going back to Norway for 2012! :)

Now, if it is Celebration doing the ex-UK, either there is going to be a simple Celebration and Spirit swap, or Spirit will be no more after 2013. I would be surprised if it was a swap, as surely Thomson would rather Celebration do fly-cruises instead with it being Platinum, as they can make more money off it.

It was said previously that Spirit wouldn't be sailing after 2013, so maybe it is going. If it was, then they would need another ship surely so that Celebration could move to ex-UK. If Dream is still doing Palma itineraries, then I guess a new ship would be slightly smaller than this. At least Thomson are definitely doing ex-UK then for 2014.

Galaxy, do you know if Celebration is going to be departing from Newcastle at all? There have been rumours that it won't be.

Thanks Galaxy! I remember, before I joined this forum (when I used to check it for any information!), that you posted when you first heard about Thomson going back to Norway for 2012! :)

Now, if it is Celebration doing the ex-UK, either there is going to be a simple Celebration and Spirit swap, or Spirit will be no more after 2013. I would be surprised if it was a swap, as surely Thomson would rather Celebration do fly-cruises instead with it being Platinum, as they can make more money off it.

It was said previously that Spirit wouldn't be sailing after 2013, so maybe it is going. If it was, then they would need another ship surely so that Celebration could move to ex-UK. If Dream is still doing Palma itineraries, then I guess a new ship would be slightly smaller than this. At least Thomson are definitely doing ex-UK then for 2014.

Galaxy, do you know if Celebration is going to be departing from Newcastle at all? There have been rumours that it won't be.

At this moment i dont know what UK port she will sailing from,but i will be back as soon i know anything :)

Thomson Majesty

Well this is a strange one! Thomson Majesty will be sailing from Palma on 7 night itineraries departing on a Saturday from 28 June 2014 to 30 August 2014! Thomson Dream will be doing the rest of the dates. Don't know what they are doing here! Doesn't really make sense for the height of the summer season to replace Dream with Majesty for a couple of months. Question is why and where is Dream going? Does that mean Thomson Dream will be doing the Corfu itineraries then for July and August, or could it mean no Corfu itineraries for these months? Looks like it could be a strange season!! :confused: :confused:

Thomson Majesty

Well this is a strange one! Thomson Majesty will be sailing from Palma on 7 night itineraries departing on a Saturday from 28 June 2014 to 30 August 2014! Thomson Dream will be doing the rest of the dates. Don't know what they are doing here! Doesn't really make sense for the height of the summer season to replace Dream with Majesty for a couple of months. Question is why and where is Dream going? Does that mean Thomson Dream will be doing the Corfu itineraries then for July and August, or could it mean no Corfu itineraries for these months? Looks like it could be a strange season!! :confused: :confused:

they won't miss out on their most popular itinery for the two most popular months. i suspect it will be a straight swop between Dream and Majesty.

however there remains the greek union problem.

they won't miss out on their most popular itinery for the two most popular months. i suspect it will be a straight swop between Dream and Majesty.

however there remains the greek union problem.

I thought at first it might have been a mistake on Palma's website, but it ties in with the schedules in Gibraltar and Villefranche. Dream is going to be sailing from Palma in May and June, and will be calling at Gibraltar and Villefranche. Then there's a big gap and it returns in September, with itineraries again that include Villefranche and Gibraltar. Then, for July and August, Majesty is going to take over, but will do different itineraries that include calls at Alghero and Mahon.

Very strange?!?! Don't understand it really. Question is, where will Dream be going? Maybe they think that Majesty is more suited for families so it is going to sail in July and August from Palma, that are more popular for families. Although, really, both you would think both Dream and Majesty would be suited for families equally, perhaps even Dream more so as the cabins are larger?

I thought at first it might have been a mistake on Palma's website, but it ties in with the schedules in Gibraltar and Villefranche. Dream is going to be sailing from Palma in May and June, and will be calling at Gibraltar and Villefranche. Then there's a big gap and it returns in September, with itineraries again that include Villefranche and Gibraltar. Then, for July and August, Majesty is going to take over, but will do different itineraries that include calls at Alghero and Mahon.

Very strange?!?! Don't understand it really. Question is, where will Dream be going? Maybe they think that Majesty is more suited for families so it is going to sail in July and August from Palma, that are more popular for families. Although, really, both you would think both Dream and Majesty would be suited for families equally, perhaps even Dream more so as the cabins are larger?

A straight swop with Majesty would make business sense as Dream being platinum will have higher fares than Majesty. With the Corfu sailings being the most popular they may want to cash in.

A straight swop with Majesty would make business sense as Dream being platinum will have higher fares than Majesty. With the Corfu sailings being the most popular they may want to cash in.

Will keep a look out to see if all Saturday sailings will go to Majesty in the end. Seems strange to swap a ship for two months at the height of the season.

Might be good for you though. If you enjoy your cruise on Majesty and the cabins are good for you, then maybe you'll get the option of doing Majesty from Corfu and Palma for 2014! :D

Perhaps it's to do with capacity - putting the ship which can carry more pax in the Med sailing from Palma thinking this itinerary will have more family appeal. I've just looked up some stats which surprised me a little!

Dream: Tonnage: 54K Length 798m Cabins 753 Pax load: 1506/1744 max

Majesty: Tonnage: 41K Length 680m Cabins 732 Pax load: 1462/2324max!!! :eek::eek::eek:

With fewer cabins Majesty must have more lots more 3/4 berth family cabins. And as it's a smaller ship it really looks like cramming them in though. :rolleyes:

Perhaps it's to do with capacity - putting the ship which can carry more pax in the Med sailing from Palma thinking this itinerary will have more family appeal. I've just looked up some stats which surprised me a little!

Majesty: Tonnage: 41K Length 680m Cabins 732 Pax load: 1462/2324max!!!

With fewer cabins Majesty must have more lots more 3/4 berth family cabins. And as it's a smaller ship it really looks like cramming them in though. :rolleyes:

I know which I'd rather be on if it was full! ;)

If they are swapping for July and August, selfishly I'd quite like it! :rolleyes: Be able to do a Western Med itinerary on Dream in say September, and then the Adriatic Explorer in July on Dream too. Perfect! :D

Perhaps, as Dave has mentioned, that only sailing from Corfu in July and August on Dream avoids the problems with the Greek crewing as it is only for a couple of months. This could either go very well for Thomson or completely backfire though. Be interesting to see if any of the rest of the fleet keep popping up.

For now anyway, summer 2014 is looking like this:

Thomson Dream

May - June: Palma for Western Med

July - August: ? Guess would be Corfu

September - October: Palma for Western Med

Thomson Majesty

May - June: ? Guess would be Corfu

July - August: Palma for Western Med

September - October: ? Guess would be Corfu

Thomson Celebration

May - September: ex-UK for Scandinavia, the Baltic & the UK

October: ? Guess Eastern Med from Limassol

Thomson Spirit

? Guess Marmaris for Eastern Med

Island Escape (or whatever ends up sailing!)

May - October: Palma for Western Med

Perhaps if Thomson Spirit is leaving, then the only way to be able to continue the sailings from Marmaris and do the ex-UK cruises, maybe they'll have to rotate the ships around a bit. Most cruise lines I suppose move their ships around. Could result in some interesting positioning cruises, perhaps some 10 night ones! :)

Majesty: Tonnage: 41K Length 680m Cabins 732 Pax load: 1462/2324max!!! :eek::eek::eek:

The PLUS cabins are the 3/4berth cabins and are a decent size for 2 adults.

I wanted a Plus cabin for DH and myself on deck 4 for Canarian Flavours cruise but was told at first that there were none left in the central position, only 4 berth cabins.

It seems that Thomson initially allocate only 3 berth Plus cabins to couples, but when the 3 berth cabins have gone they will allocate 4 berth ones with the proviso that if a family of 4 books later and they need your 4 berth cabin, then they can take it from you and give you another one......which could be a 3 berth anywhere on either deck 3 or 4.

We took the decision that it was worth the risk as not many families with children would be travelling outside school holidays.

I was told that this only applies to Majesty and was as a result of the problems changing from Destiny.

When I was on Majesty in September there were very few children but we had to queue to get into the 4 Seasons Restaurant after 8.00pm, sunbeds were hard to find unless you got up early and reserved one with a towel and seats were hard to find for the 2nd performance in the Theatre. Even just 200 people more than were on in Sept would have been too much IMO. :eek::eek:

Thomson Celebration

Now been booked into Gibraltar on 04 October, most likely to do a positioning cruise from the UK down to Limassol. So, that's every ship accounted for now for 2014, all except one, Thomson Spirit? If it is doing the eastern Med, that might be difficult for me to find any information as no eastern Med ports do their cruise schedules that far in advance (even if they do one at all). Will keep checking though to see if it appears anywhere else.

Archived